Tailgate ajar warning light??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is that website authentic? Who is Force.com?
It's legit.

Force.com is a family of cloud based services, salesforce for sales data tracking, customer force for customer relations management, etc

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Looks like another tailgate recall for gen 5.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I didn't know they added a tailgate ajar sensor and light for the new generation. Glad I don't have it. Seems like more of a nuisance than anything, but troubling that the tailgates are falling down while driving.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I didn't know they added a tailgate ajar sensor and light for the new generation. Glad I don't have it. Seems like more of a nuisance than anything, but troubling that the tailgates are falling down while driving.

Do the third brake lights leak?

Or is falling tailgates the new third brake light leak?

waltk1026

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have the same problem. No light shows and every once in a while my tailgate opens as I’m driving. I keep checking my rear camera. It’s ridiculous and dangerous. I keep bungee cords across to try to stop any cargo from falling out. This should be fun trying to get this fixed.

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Everyone that has had their tailgate open on it own, do you have the remote open function?

UWMad

Reaction score
Ram Year
ISO
Engine
ISO
My truck is in the shop now in regards to this sensor not working. Dealer originally showed me the bulletin that told them to do nothing. I took it to corporate and started a case. Laramie is supposed to have it and they agreed. Dealership was told to fix. They ordered a new BCM and that did not fix it. I knew it wasn't going to.
Now they opened up a star case to get it figured out. This should be fun.
Not a big deal...it's just the point. If I paid for it...it better be there or refund me the package price I paid to have!

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Everyone that has had their tailgate open on it own, do you have the remote open function?

Got me curious so I just went outside to check.
Started the truck with tailgate closed.
Got out and opened the tailgate and nothing showed.
Put it in reverse with tailgate open and just got the Park Sensor blaring at me.

Made me wonder if it would only register if the truck is moving and the gate comes down???

Truck is 2020 3500 Laramie with the remote tailgate release and soft open feature too.

SHERMAN ROBBINS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Put it in reverse with tailgate open and just got the Park Sensor blaring at me.

Made me wonder if it would only register if the truck is moving and the gate comes down???

Truck is 2020 3500 Laramie with the remote tailgate release and soft open feature too.
Alfaobd enable- CBC Config IO F pin 26 Connector F Pin 26: Trunk/Liftgate Ajar Signal Input- you will get the picture of tailgate open on evic. dealership doesn't have it as an option on they're computer

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Alfaobd enable- CBC Config IO F pin 26 Connector F Pin 26: Trunk/Liftgate Ajar Signal Input- you will get the picture of tailgate open on evic. dealership doesn't have it as an option on they're computer

I wonder....would that work on a 4th gen?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

I wonder....would that work on a 4th gen?
The 4th gens, and the 2019+ HD trucks don’t have tailgate ajar sensors in the latches. ALL 5th gen 1500 Rams do have the sensor, and just need to be enabled if it wasn’t from the factory.

dba366

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Etorque 5.7
New here, but my 3rd Ram. I have a 2020 laramie with the sticker that says "Tailgate ajar warning light". I have never had the EVIC light up when the tailgate is down as demonstrated in this thread. I have worked at the Star Center before so i know the process and procedures. Has anything come up on the fix for this? For the newer trucks, i see that this is an option in the packages. Wondering if my truck was built incorrectly (i know the end of line test guy at SHAP as well. they dont test for this there). Any help is appreciated. Its drove me nuts since i got it in 2019. What is the engineering mode again in the HVAC system? Can't recall which buttons to hold down to access it on my NAV system. Thanks again to all on here.