Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

afgrc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V10
Hi, I'm new to the forum, this is my first post. I poked around a little bit but couldn't find any news about tailgate assist for our generation of Ram Truck. Three years ago I had my nephews stay over and of course my truck is a big attraction to them. The youngest was climbing around on the back of the truck, grabbed the handle and nearly knocked himself in the head with the tailgate. He is naturally interested in trucks and tells my Wife that when he grows up he's going to drive a truck, and be "a hawd, hawd worker". Cute kid. Anyway, I was thinking about that event one day, and decided that I never really did like the way the tailgate would just thump down. I couldn't find an Assist kit that wasnt a torsion bar, which I disqualified because I didn't want myself or the nephews getting pinched fingers. I found a deezee kit on Amazon for less the twenty dollars, but it wasnt for our generation of RAM. With just a couple of small modifications and careful measurements, that deezee 433301 fit pretty good. If you want to watch more and see the tools I used to complete the install it's in the video, step-by-step. If a tailgate assist kit has since come out, well I'm sorry for the post... but this worked well for me.

Reactions: Mop
OP
OP
A

afgrc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V10
Thanks! I plan to fix up this old ranch truck. The video kinda shows the transformation of the old rusty multi colored tailgate, into something a little better. It's been a slow process, but I hope to really throw my back into the upgrades for the entire truck this spring.