Temperature display -40 / U110E" Manufacturer control / NO DTC definition found

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adeel Ahmed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi All,

I have a 2015 RAM Express Crew Cab 5.7 Hemi. Somebody ran into my passenger side mirror as result i had to replace the mirror. Was lucky to find a pair here from a 2013 which fit exactly the same and look decent.
Soon after the mirrors were installed i had a check engine light come on and on reading the code via a code reader it says " U110E" Manufacturer control / NO DTC definition found. See service manual.
Tried to rest and the check engine light reappears.
What i believe happened is that i noticed a tip on the old mirror on the passenger side which is not on the new mirrors that i have replaced it with.

Questions:

How can i get the check engine light taken care of.
Considering the outside temperature is showing -40 does it have any impact on the way the engine will run and perform considering out temp is -40 degrees.

Have to take care of the engine light or else i will not be able to get my technical inspection passed and registration renewed considering they require no "Check Engine" light to be on.

Any help guidance to get the above resolved/fixed will be much appreciated.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
The ambient temp sensor is in the driver side mirror. The new mirror obviously doesn’t have the temp sensor. So you’ll need a mirror that has it.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You can clear the current code by pulling the negative cable off the battery and let it sit for 30 - 40 minutes. That will reset the PCM.

While the cable is disconnected, check the connector of the main wiring harness to the PCM to make sure it is clean and secure.

Kernal Clink

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Pentastar
if you correct the problem the light may go out on it's own.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As @Tach_tech stated it would appear you got a set of mirrors for an 09 to 12 Ram. The ambient temp sensor is in the arm in the drivers side mirror on the 13 and newer Rams. The 09 to 12 Rams have the outside temp sensor in a location other than the mirrors. The truck will automatically default to -40° and display a check engine light because the truck cannot detect the outside temperature to adjust air/fuel. You either got a mirror of of an 09 to 12 Ram which is likely what happened or you have a defective driver's side mirror temp sensor which is uncommon. The code will not go away until you replace or repair the drivers side mirror.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: kad

Michael Jones

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Had this same code 2018 6.4L Tradesmen 4x4. U110e.

I assume a tree branch whacked the driver mirror and sensor while hunting on mountain roads, causing it to make the engine light come on and dash display to read 32 when it was 55 outside. Took it into a town i was close by. There was a napa. Guy read the code but the scanner couldn't say what it was only the code. Now days Google is a real treat. Searched U110e come up with ambient temp sensor. Pulled that sensor off mirror, disconnect, wiped clean, reconnect, cleared code, started my Hemi and she's back to normal. Just about thousands miles and she's reading correct