"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
And what is older version? 2017 is older?
Older versions of Android OS for these radios. Not the truck years themselves. That protocol should work on trucks 2013-2018 so long as the CANBUS module is the same.

Set it to that and and restart.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
1 hour drive from the Phoenix Android brick and mortar store...I'd totally drop in if I were flying out of Ontario.

GetRDRC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
I have Android 8.1, is there newer available? I have not find but tried before my order. Of course i will try, thank you!

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Curious to see how this new one is. I had pretty much put these radios out of mind and was going to get a Halo9 but will wait to see what happens

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

GetRDRC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
And should i try Ram American and changyantong protocol?)

Jordanp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
And should i try Ram American and changyantong protocol?)

I went through a lot of these but what I found is only one of them will make everything work , when I was on the wrong one certain things did not work at all .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
True, but who is making it....
If Phoenix is piecing this together from other manufacturers, im out lol [emoji23]

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk
All of these t styles have been made by the same manufacturer so far with the exception of the three button and this latest version. It is unknown to me if they are the same manufacturer.

All of theses sellers are akin to car dealers. They make nothing themselves and some are better than others.

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All of these t styles have been made by the same manufacturer so far with the exception of the three button and this latest version. It is unknown to me if they are the same manufacturer.

All of theses sellers are akin to car dealers. They make nothing themselves and some are better than others.

My intent on finding the manufacturer is to seek it out on Alibaba as to order it straight from the manufacturer. Save a couple pennies and know that nobody's mess with it, adding in their own software / Hardware.
I did email Phoenix so we'll see what they say.

Jordanp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My intent on finding the manufacturer is to seek it out on Alibaba as to order it straight from the manufacturer. Save a couple pennies and know that nobody's mess with it, adding in their own software / Hardware.

My experience has been u may get a better or more prompt response if you ask on Facebook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

My brother said he saw somewhere these were actually manufactured by Dasaita, but after seeing the polish and UI of his Dasaita Android Radio I'm not so sure.

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For me, most times Phoenix would answer the initial request in one day. Usually the response was they need to check with the technicians in China. Then, sometimes days would go by before they would follow-up. The next response from them would ask for a video of the problem even though I explained it in detail and included pics. Next they would say the tech's are on holiday. Then they would ask me to screenshot a pic of what app's are downloaded...even though I had already told them the only apps on it are the ones that came installed. Before you know it....weeks would go by and there were no real answers for your problem. All of this just wasted time and would eat up the 30 day return period causing me to return the unit. There was no way I was keeping a unit that they couldn't get to work correctly in 30 days. Both units I bought from Phoenix went exactly that way....it was almost like they were trying to get past the 30 days so you could not get a refund. And, I'm still waiting for the refund from my 2nd unit which they rec'd over 2 weeks ago. A week after they received it back, they emailed me asking if I wanted a refund or to exchange it....even though I had made it very clear that this return was for a refund, not an exchange. They always act confused....pass your trouble ticket to different customer service reps and they love to close out your ticket every time they respond....as if it was resolved.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I'm not sure of the manufacturer i did order mine fron Phoenix. I emailed them back and forth for days asking questions and they got back to me the same day every time.
I didn't even think about asking who made it lol
I bet if you go to their site and hit the contact us they might answer you
It seems like they answered me every day either early morning or in the evening.
I was just reading forums for all makes and trucks and seems like the folks that have them like them.
My biggest question is what's the difference between the Phoenix and the linkswell other than a few hundred bucks
Plus they gave me a discount code for $40 off lol
Here is the one i ordered

https://www.phoenixautomotiveinc.co...cal-screen-navi-radio-for-dodge-ram-2009-2018
So couple things, all of the pictures for this version are just artist renderings. It sounds like from the description the final product may not look like this.

In addition, you will only retain the factory HVAC controls if your truck had a factory RA1 or RA2 radio. Factory 8.4 (RA3 or RA4) will have the onscreen HVAC controls like older versions.

Finally, none of the renderings include what they are doing with the lower bezel buttons if you have an RA1 or RA2). I honestly can't see this design working for 2013-2018 trucks that have RA1 or RA2 knobs but should open the door to 2009-2012 trucks...

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I still haven't received an answer from Phoenix...
So couple things, all of the pictures for this version are just artist renderings. It sounds like from the description the final product may not look like this.

In addition, you will only retain the factory HVAC controls if your truck had a factory RA1 or RA2 radio. Factory 8.4 (RA3 or RA4) will have the onscreen HVAC controls like older versions.

Finally, none of the renderings include what they are doing with the lower bezel buttons if you have an RA1 or RA2). I honestly can't see this design working for 2013-2018 trucks that have RA1 or RA2 knobs but should open the door to 2009-2012 trucks...

allenmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi

When i was asking Phoenix about this unit they said i will keep my HVAC knobs.
The top row of buttons on my auxiliary panel will move to the top of the bezel and my lower 5 buttons will be integrated into the stereo.
They did have me send them a photo of my dash setup and when i ordered email them another photo with the order number upon my pre order. I'm hoping it will work with my truck as they assured me thru several emails that it would. Of course they may say anything to make the sale but they already make other stereos for this year model just not as big.
I clarified several times that i keep my knobs to control heat and air. And they assured me i do. I can only imagine they will have to be lowered to where the auxiliary switches are to fit the screen but i won't know till the unit gets here lol
I would say most of the complaints i have seen/ read about were the HVAC controls not functioning properly. So i was hesitant to buy any of these units.
It's gonna be awhile before it gets here but i am hopeful it fits and functions properly
I have a tradesman and i included a photo of my current dash.

20191121_151258.jpg

allenmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Don't hold your breath! They probably won't see one until the first one is returned!

Wow i emailed them daily for a week sometimes 2 emails a day asking about these and they got back to me every time.