"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

allenmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I just read that entire page about the 12.1 in radio and know where did they state who the manufacturer was.... Anybody have a clue or at least have an account with Phoenix to ask them. I would like to search the manufacturer.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure of the manufacturer i did order mine fron Phoenix. I emailed them back and forth for days asking questions and they got back to me the same day every time.
I didn't even think about asking who made it lol
I bet if you go to their site and hit the contact us they might answer you
It seems like they answered me every day either early morning or in the evening.
I was just reading forums for all makes and trucks and seems like the folks that have them like them.
My biggest question is what's the difference between the Phoenix and the linkswell other than a few hundred bucks
Plus they gave me a discount code for $40 off lol
Here is the one i ordered

https://www.phoenixautomotiveinc.co...cal-screen-navi-radio-for-dodge-ram-2009-2018

Jordanp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm not sure of the manufacturer i did order mine fron Phoenix. I emailed them back and forth for days asking questions and they got back to me the same day every time.
It seems like they answered me every day either early morning or in the evening.
I was just reading forums for all makes and trucks and seems like the folks that have them like them.
My biggest question is what's the difference between the Phoenix and the linkswell other than a few hundred bucks

That’s because you haven’t received the unit yet and can still cancel , just wait .
The difference is linkswell is more expensive but you get support if something is not right “ which most likely there will be something “ with Phoenix you will get ignored and have to figure it out on your own or help from this wonderful group .
Few hundred bucks is well worth it imo .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here is the one i ordered

https://www.phoenixautomotiveinc.co...cal-screen-navi-radio-for-dodge-ram-2009-2018
I did send them an email but since I haven't purchased anything, I highly doubt they're going to get back to me in any kind of timely manner.... but who knows [emoji106]

allenmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
That’s because you haven’t received the unit yet and can still cancel , just wait .
The difference is linkswell is more expensive but you get support if something is not right “ which most likely there will be something “ with Phoenix you will get ignored and have to figure it out on your own or help from this wonderful group .
Few hundred bucks is well worth it imo .

Well i hope my experience is different. Lol
I guess we will see the three big difference i seen was all the built ins for the linkswell were there. You choose the upgrades you want with Phoenix.
I guess if my experience is bad lesson learned.
The thing is i have heard bad experience between both linkswell and Phoenix.
So i save $400 and possibly get bad service from either
This allowed me to order a front facing camera and the audio controls to steering wheel to add while im at it
When i talked to linkswell they told me no 12" for the 4th gen cause there isn't enough room.
So i was about to order the 10.4 when i seen Phoenix coming out with 12.1 "
So i went straight to forums and YouTube checking out reviews. And they were mostly positive on the 12" others are using.
I'm hoping it works good and i don't end up having to replace it over and over.

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I guess we will see the three big difference i seen was all the built ins for the linkswell were there. You choose the upgrades you want with Phoenix.
This allowed me to order a front facing camera and the audio controls to steering wheel to add while im at it
When i talked to linkswell they told me no 12" for the 4th gen cause there isn't enough room.
So i went straight to forums and YouTube checking out reviews. And they were mostly positive on the 12" others are using.
There are 12.1 reviews on a ram?

allenmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I did send them an email but since I haven't purchased anything, I highly doubt they're going to get back to me in any kind of timely manner.... but who knows [emoji106]

My first 5 emails back and forth were questions on how i keep my knobs and where my auxiliary buttons end up. And how ro make sure i get the right dash configuration lol
I emailed them back and forth for the last 3 or 4 days. They got back to me every day and answered my questions.
Not right away but the same day every time unless it was late night.

allenmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
There are 12.1 reviews on a ram?

No on other truck forums that have the 12.1
I looked on the Chevy, Toyota, Ford, and whatever would pop up lol
I don't think anyone has one for the ram yet

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
My first 5 emails back and forth were questions on how i keep my knobs and where my auxiliary buttons end up. And how ro make sure i get the right dash configuration lol
I emailed them back and forth for the last 3 or 4 days. They got back to me every day and answered my questions.
Not right away but the same day every time unless it was late night.
Yeah, they are good salesmen and terrible tech support.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Jordanp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

The room is what I was wondering , because it’s pretty tight already and the screen shot pictures I saw of the unit showed some with knobs and some not, I can’t figure out how you can have that big of a screen with the knobs too . Curious to find out , and I hope your experience is better but I thought the same way you did when I bought mine from Phoenix .
1 day I was determined to make them answer and I had to call there number over 100 times .

allenmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Yeah, they are good salesmen and terrible tech support.

Hopefully it's a decent unit
Otherwise i might be glad my wife loves messing with that stuff lol
I guess we will see. All i added ro mine was the apple car play and android auto
Then with the discount code it was $730
Hopefully they are trying to improve their customer support but i guess I'll find out lol

allenmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
The room is what I was wondering , because it’s pretty tight already and the screen shot pictures I saw of the unit showed some with knobs and some not, I can’t figure out how you can have that big of a screen with the knobs too . Curious to find out , and I hope your experience is better but I thought the same way you did when I bought mine from Phoenix .
1 day I was determined to make them answer and I had to call there number over 100 times .

That sux
Yea they said top row of buttons go to top of bezel. Botton row gets integrated into stereo
It looks like they move the hvac knobs down to make it fit. Im going it's a good unit and with the upgrades it runs ok
After waiting for it to get here it's gonna suck I'd it don't work lmao

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

I think they did it by incorporating factory pieces. My first impression is it requires disassembly of the factory RA2 bezel to incorporate the knobs into the new bezel. I'd need to look at the pictures and the factory bezels to be sure.

I'm actually out near Phoenix Android's store right now I think...

Jordanp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That sux
Yea they said top row of buttons go to top of bezel. Botton row gets integrated into stereo
It looks like they move the hvac knobs down to make it fit. Im going it's a good unit and with the upgrades it runs ok

Love to see it when you get it , give us a video review !!!

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
That sux
With the factory integration this might be a winner. It removes s great deal of compatibility issues.

allenmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Love to see it when you get it , give us a video review !!!

I sure will come back and update this post once it gets here. I order a front camera and tested it in the house the other day and got it installed then i ordered the audio switches from allmopar yesterday. And I'll be impatiently waiting on this to tie it all together
Since i don't think i can add the camera to my current stereo
Of course I'll do the switches when they get here lol

allenmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
With the factory integration this might be a winner. It removes s great deal of compatibility issues.

I hope your right
I was a bit nervous about losing my hvac controls on the other unit especially with winter moving in here. That's why i waited honestly.
Then i happened to see this unit and was glad to keep the knobs

GetRDRC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
Hi all!

I have installed PX6 Android 8.1 unit and now have stupid issue with hazard lights.
Sometimes hazard turns on and even cann't be turned off manually. It is a floating bug it seems there is some wrong electrical impulse in LIN-bus.
Whether anyone had such an issue?

And one more question. I have 2017 laramie with alpine sound system. There is 4 options: RAM LO, RAM HI, RAM TOP and RAM American. Each of them has a lot of protocol options. RAM HI&Simple was set in default. Maybe i have to change this set?

Thank you in advance!
592dcc3c-732e-45ab-8ac3-bb4f230fde5d 2.JPG

Jordanp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi all!

I have installed PX6 Android 8.1 unit and now have stupid issue with hazard lights.
Sometimes hazard turns on and even cann't be turned off manually. It is a floating bug it seems there is some wrong electrical impulse in LIN-bus.

And one more question. I have 2017 laramie with alpine sound system. There is 4 options: RAM LO, RAM HI, RAM TOP and RAM American. Each of them has a lot of protocol options. RAM HI&Simple was set in default. Maybe i have to change this set?

Thank you in advance!
View attachment 187363

If your hvac had 7 speeds then you should be using ram hi with a Chinese name not simple . Sorry I can’t think of it now but starts with ch I think , but sitkneelbend is the expert in this so I’m sure he will chime in .

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hi all!

Thank you in advance!
View attachment 187363
On older versions the correct protocol is this...c5143ffa43b8cc7f4fcc342150d383d7.jpg

GetRDRC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
And what is older version? 2017 is older?
Ufff, I have not expected to choose any options with chinese name)
Thank you guys, live and learn really)