"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They are throwing their last shot..after they told me to pack the radio carefully. They just asked me about the AC issue and if that was fixed. I told them I did not fully test it because the hazard button appeared on the initial set up but a good sign was the AC blower didn't automatically turned on like my previous unit.

They came back with:

"We changed manufacturer with this order as it has less issues with the AC part. I does have that redundant spring which may get stuck and depress the hazard switch. We usually have customer on the phone and walk them through the process of remoiving the spring. We don't count that as void warranty"

Ha! I hope they are not reading this forum!
[emoji23] [emoji106]
I hope they are reading this form and stop ordering those bootleg units and selling them to customers. These units are giving the real ones a bad name......

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

GoodToGoMarine

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Update on the bootleg unit. Even though the screen have those bezels, it has better quality than the other unit I had- didn't expect that. Everything seemed to work - even my AC [emoji38] but since there's something always wrong with these things, this one seems to have hardware issues.

For some reason, the hazard lights can't be turned off. Once I connect the white harness they start blinking and pressing the front button doesn't do anything. The only way to shut them off is disconnecting the harness. Anyways, I will be requesting my refund and will be joining the 8.0 bandwagon by buying a unit from Phoenix. 3b3718952d7997451b44c474d5259a85.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Edit: sorry about the bad pics below, but I had the unit out for a video I was shooting for Rhino.
6e9d8f80d33c181fa553f51cf5fc9034.jpg

What do you mean by better quality? Did you think the screen seemed a little brighter and clearer than your previous one?

GoodToGoMarine

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
They are throwing their last shot..after they told me to pack the radio carefully. They just asked me about the AC issue and if that was fixed. I told them I did not fully test it because the hazard button appeared on the initial set up but a good sign was the AC blower didn't automatically turned on like my previous unit.

They came back with:

"We changed manufacturer with this order as it has less issues with the AC part. I does have that redundant spring which may get stuck and depress the hazard switch. We usually have customer on the phone and walk them through the process of remoiving the spring. We don't count that as void warranty"

Ha! I hope they are not reading this forum!

I returned mine as false advertising with the 9.4" screen and the screw holes were oversized. Take lots of pictures of the unit and accessories. Then more pictures while you are boxing it up. That's what I do but I am a tad untrusting. lol

Supposedly my PX6 unit from Phoenix is fulfilled and shipping any day.

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I returned mine as false advertising with the 9.4" screen and the screw holes were oversized. Take lots of pictures of the unit and accessories. Then more pictures while you are boxing it up. That's what I do but I am a tad untrusting. lol

Can't wait to hear about the px6!

XDA guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L

Yes, thank you. I did this with the previous unit and they know that I even send them videos of the issues, so is better to have those handy just in case.

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay guys, I am curious about one thing....
As you know I bought mine straight from the krando manufacturer. I have had pretty much zero problems with mine. So to the point, what is drawing you guys to Phoenix and rhino???

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
As you know I bought mine straight from the krando manufacturer. I have had pretty much zero problems with mine. So to the point, what is drawing you guys to Phoenix and rhino???

Krando is not the manufacturer as far as I know. They are yet another reseller with an Amazon store.

I believe the manufacturer is a Chinese company with the English name of "ZXW"

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

XDA guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L

I went for price, support, warranty and based here in the US. If something goes wrong, I prefer to be back and forth with someone here and not overseas that will take forever to have a replacement or refund.

GoodToGoMarine

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

I did follow the link from your video before purchasing my first head unit but I was concerned with the amount of misinformation Krando seems to have and the multiple listings for what seem to be the same head unit. However the biggest thing I looked for was the payment option. Krando doesn't offer PayPal or Amazon Pay. I wanted the ability to dispute a transaction or an easier return process that both Rhino and Phoenix offer. Krando does not have a very good return and refund policy.

I specifically ordered with Rhino first based off this forum but once I realized the 3 button was actually 9.4" and that was all they offered at the time I went with Phoenix. Like I said before I have had no issues with Phoenix so far and they are quicker to respond then Rhino was in my experience.

GoodToGoMarine

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Krando is not the manufacturer as far as I know. They are yet another reseller with an Amazon store.

I believe the manufacturer is a Chinese company with the English name of "ZXW"

According to the listing on alibaba they are a manufacture. Whether that is true or not I have no idea.

"Guangzhou Krando Technology Co., Ltd is a professioanl Car DVD player manufacture in China. We established in 2008, Our company have 8 production lines in Guangdong provins, employs 200 + staffs,our production capacity is around 30000 pieces/month,we have 12 experienced engineers and technicians provide product quality and develope and after-sales service."

Wayne Stella

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
After you get done installing the Homelink, if it doesn't work right off the bat, don't forget to go into Alfha OBD turn off the compass and then turn it back on. That's how I got mine to come alive...

Installed the new overhead console, which took all of five minutes, Homelink works great. But the compass not so much. I just used AlphaOBD to turn off, then on, the compass items in this picture. But no luck. I have a 7.1 fastboot. You have a 4.4.4. I wonder if that is why.

20190719_095608.jpg

Wayne Stella

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
That might be the key to why mine works and yours doesn't because I replaced my overhead console with the Homelink..
the bonus is you'll be able to open up your garage or turn on lights in your house from the truck! [emoji5]

What did you use to control house lights from the truck?

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Installed the new overhead console, which took all of five minutes, Homelink works great. But the compass not so much. I just used AlphaOBD to turn off, then on, the compass items in this picture. But no luck. I have a 7.1 fastboot. You have a 4.4.4. I wonder if that is why.

View attachment 173835
At this point there could almost be no other reason....

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What did you use to control house lights from the truck?
I have a remote control fan I got from Lowe's hardware and had the Homelink learn the light function on it. [emoji4] one day I plan on getting remote control light bulbs or sockets i can put outside so I can turn them on as I roll up...

GoodToGoMarine

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have a remote control fan I got from Lowe's hardware and had the Homelink learn the light function on it. [emoji4] one day I plan on getting remote control light bulbs or sockets i can put outside so I can turn them on as I roll up...

I use the Alexa app and geofencing. When I get home my echo says "Daddy's home" while my kitchen lights flash on and off. Then "Everything is awesome!" starts playing. lol

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

View attachment 173835
I'm about 99% sure it's your radios additional settings that shouldn't be there. It gives you the ability to explicitly stated what the compass heading is with no "auto" or "disable" setting.

Essentially the radio is overriding the actual heading from your compass module. A useless setting that shouldn't exist (developer SNAFU).

If you post a system info screen again (I know I've probably already asked) there may be a fix so long as it's not a three button radio.

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was going to post after work today. Some folks may remember I was trying to figure out a way to activate the "Vehicle Settings" menu on the 7" evic screen as we lost most of the settings when installing this radio unless you had an RA1 radio. The RA1 radio did not come with that menu ability so it was in the evic. RA2 and RA4 radios had the menu in the radio so it was not activated in the evic. I found out by asking in the AlphaOBD thread if anyone knew of a way to activate the menu in the evic using AlphaOBD. Voila! Someone did and it is pretty simple. In AlphaOBD connect in the Body Computer and go to Car configuration change/ECUConfig 4-IPC Feature Configuration/ Value yes and it works great.

My post in AlphaOBD was "If my bad back would allow me to dance a jig, I'd be dancing right now. Thank you! Since putting the premium 7" evic in the dash, coupled with the Tesla Style radio I had lost all of those settings as they were in the RA2 radio. I now have the "Vehicle Settings" menu in the evic. It allows access to trailer settings, compass settings, etc., all the items in the "Console Menu" of the Tesla radio that do not work or are just not there. As you said before it should be added to the known working items if it isn't already there."

I am a happy camper today.
So I just tried this today and nothing different showed up on my 7in evic. Am i missing something... It's just supposed to be another menu that pops up in the evic correct?
BTW 2014 express