The HP game

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anybody know where the AGS derives its signal from? I can’t remember if its PCM or BCM. I cheated it years ago when I installed the vararam…just removed the slats except for the very top slat and very bottom slat so it wouldn't throw codes. I cant remember if it was something AlphaOBD could delete. I have Alpha, just haven’t used it in several years and not certain the Android phone I have it on will even power up. Oooff!

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anybody know where the AGS derives its signal from? I can’t remember if its PCM or BCM. I cheated it years ago when I installed the vararam…just removed the slats except for the very top slat and very bottom slat so it wouldn't throw codes. I cant remember if it was something AlphaOBD could delete. I have Alpha, just haven’t used it in several years and not certain the Android phone I have it on will even power up. Oooff!
Is that not working? I used a screw kit and pulled the slats totally out but your method should be working fine. As far as I know Alfa can't touch them, and I haven't read about any tuner dealing with them either.

OP
OP
ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Screw kit? Do tell…
I assume theyre working, no codes, but theres only the 2 slats left in mine, just the bare minimum to make the brain think they are working…

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Screw kit? Do tell…
I assume theyre working, no codes, but theres only the 2 slats left in mine, just the bare minimum to make the brain think they are working…
If you don't have codes why are you wanting to change it up?

I used this kit:

OP
OP
ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you don't have codes why are you wanting to change it up?

I used this kit:
The top slat is nearest to where the Vararam air deflector drops down in front of the radiator, I guess it could technically block some of the airflow.

ppine

Forester
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 liter diesel
"Upping your game" seems to have become a game.
There is a whole industry of after market upgrades.
I like my truck in stock configuration and I am going to run that way at least until it is out of warranty.

OP
OP
ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
"Upping your game" seems to have become a game.
There is a whole industry of after market upgrades.
I like my truck in stock configuration and I am going to run that way at least until it is out of warranty.
Fair point. Im out of warranty now, but when this journey started I was in-warranty and behaved accordingly

Ludville1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Sport Crew
Just did some data logging for HF. Just like everyone says, canned tunes are better than stock, but not anywhere close to this Hemifever tune. I had to do a WOT 0-75 pull. HOLY CRAP. I’m still smiling and my face hurts.
I remember doing the data logging 0-75 WOT pull for Hemifever...took off like a rocket, the wife and I were shocked! Sean said "everything looks good...if you are happy with it, run it!" And I have been ever since. He also said to continue using that gas station...local Shell 93.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Finally got the logs to Sean. Ran 3 sets as prescribed. Its impressive. With the Moes 87mm TB, Vararam and the MF exhaust, its pretty smooth. I have 3 things to do in 2024.
1. Long tubes w/cats
2. V6 efan & Tstat
3. TruTrac for the rear.
Eh, going to need new tires as well…

Noob2Trucks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I was running close to your planned setup before the cam/stall

Vararam, stock tb, V6 fan/tstat, HP tuners and custom tune, Mopar LSD, 3.92 gear, arh 1 3/4 headers w/cats, qtp cutout.

Screenshot_20221118-095658.png
Green was pre-cam, red after.

OP
OP
ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was running close to your planned setup before the cam/stall

Vararam, stock tb, V6 fan/tstat, HP tuners and custom tune, Mopar LSD, 3.92 gear, arh 1 3/4 headers w/cats, qtp cutout.

View attachment 510563
Green was pre-cam, red after.
Thats awesome info, thank you. Anybody have a baseline fir a stick 5.7?
Also, the 6.4 manifold…does it need to be off of a truck? Mist Ive seen have the intake TB angled to the drivers side…