The problem with E-torque and Stop/Start.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve Neilsen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
correct me if I am wrong but the e-torque and the stop/start are 2 different functions. The e-torgue is an electric assist to the motor adding some extra torque on acceleration and the stop/start is well a stop/start gas saver in stop and go situations. For me, my start procedure is hit the starter button, hit the off switch for the stop/start function and drive. I do not like the feeling of the motor stopping and the little lurch forward when the motor restarts when you begin to release the brake pedal. I am an old school driver!

Beltsand

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A (prior 2010,2019,2022)
Engine
Cummins
Getting a lot of intelligent intersections around here. The light timing changes based on the amount of traffic detected in each direction.
There is times where the light would normally turn red but no cross traffic is stopped so the light stays green.
I read an article about how screwy CARB actually is and can make decisions without oversight or any means to challenge their decisions.
I remember when I first got my license, the town closest to the farm had the lights on a timer. As long as you didn't speed, or go too slow, once you hit a green light you were good as long as you went straight. The sensors screwed that up and you wound up stopping at every light. Hated that change.

Groo

Reaction score
Ram Year
shopping
Engine
shopping
correct me if I am wrong but the e-torque and the stop/start are 2 different functions. The e-torgue is an electric assist to the motor adding some extra torque on acceleration and the stop/start is well a stop/start gas saver in stop and go situations. For me, my start procedure is hit the starter button, hit the off switch for the stop/start function and drive. I do not like the feeling of the motor stopping and the little lurch forward when the motor restarts when you begin to release the brake pedal. I am an old school driver!
added torque pretty much disappears by the time you hit the stall speed on the converter from what I've read. You do not get 130 ft-lbs added on to the engine's 410 ft-lbs peak torque rating. you get an added 130ft-lbs down really low where the engine makes virtually no torque, and is primarily there to make the start/stop function invisible enough that you don't want to turn it off.