e-Torque opinions and can it be disabled?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramltd01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had my '23 limited for a short while now, and find the on/off feature to be a great benefit in traffic. However, I've found it to be a hindrance in parking situations, where I'm pulling into a spot. Guess I'm just on the cusp of stopped/rolling and the engine cuts - but etorque kicks in when I lift the brake a hair. Are there a tuning/configuration options (AlfaOBD?) that allow a user to set time delay for on/off??

Thanks

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
I've had my '23 limited for a short while now, and find the on/off feature to be a great benefit in traffic. However, I've found it to be a hindrance in parking situations, where I'm pulling into a spot. Guess I'm just on the cusp of stopped/rolling and the engine cuts - but etorque kicks in when I lift the brake a hair. Are there a tuning/configuration options (AlfaOBD?) that allow a user to set time delay for on/off??

Thanks
Had my 22 Laramie since October. Tried my darnedest to get used to the eTorque and appreciate its so called benefits. I have given up. I just turn the stupid thing off now every time I start the truck.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I just turn the stupid thing off now every time I start the truck.
There is a module you can add so you don't have to manually turn the Engine Start/Stop off every time you start the vehicle:

The eTorque functions can't be turned off with the switch, module or with AlfaOBD.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
There is a module you can add so you don't have to manually turn the Engine Start/Stop off every time you start the vehicle:

The eTorque functions can't be turned off with the switch, module or with AlfaOBD.
And that was the best $79 I've spent on any truck LOL

Lon Saeger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Can the engine braking be turned off on the e torque? When you touch the brake the trans downshifts. I want to coast to a stop sign. Pushing the disable button will not shut off the engine breaking.

RBJRBJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8 MDS VVT eTorque Engine
The start/stop function can be turned off. And, it stays off until you turn engine off; upon restart simply press button on turn it off.

star_deceiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Can the engine braking be turned off on the e torque? When you touch the brake the trans downshifts. I want to coast to a stop sign. Pushing the disable button will not shut off the engine breaking.
Reach down to the shift knob and put into neutral. Coast to your hearts content.

Lon Saeger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
There is constant downshifting or engine breaking with the E torque. I find I am putting it into neutral every time I touch the break pedal, them the truck will coast. Turning the start stop off does not change the downshifting. Tow mode is off. Dealer says there is no fix for this.