The Strangest Leak I've Ever Seen!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

audiowize

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 Magnum
So, I've fixed a leak that allowed rain to pour through the driver's side door and anther leak from the little plastic nub that the windshield rests on under the passenger side of the hood cowl.
1603251641657.jpg
The weird problem I have is that there's always this wet spot under the passenger side seat rail in the back seat. I can't feel that anything is wet on the seat or the rail, the headliner is dry, and I just can't figure out how that could possibly get there! Has anyone ever seen this?

MayerMR

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 & 2014
Engine
3.7 & 3.0 EcoDiesel
Is it oil residue? Try cleaning it with acetone and seeing if it returns.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So, I've fixed a leak that allowed rain to pour through the driver's side door and anther leak from the little plastic nub that the windshield rests on under the passenger side of the hood cowl.
View attachment 225187
The weird problem I have is that there's always this wet spot under the passenger side seat rail in the back seat. I can't feel that anything is wet on the seat or the rail, the headliner is dry, and I just can't figure out how that could possibly get there! Has anyone ever seen this?
If you are experiencing water anywhere in the passenger side the first thing I always check is to see if the HVAC drain tube is stopped up with debris and then I check the foam seal that seals the HVAC housing to the bulkhead (firewall). If this foam seal is in poor shape it will allow the water/condensation created by the evaporator to enter the cab.

OP
OP
A

audiowize

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 Magnum
I tasted the residue and it's definitely not oil. My rubber floor mats up front are completely dry where the HVAC overflow is, and it flows freely onto the ground thankfully.

Runaround

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you are getting water under the back seat check the seal around the third brake light. I had that problem on my 2014. The headliner wii be dry still.

OP
OP
A

audiowize

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 Magnum
It's not water under the back seat. It's moisture dripping off the back side of the front passenger seat rails.