This is a bit of a Shocker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
Wow, I'm only about 10 miles from there and didn't hear a thing.

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yeah I got that message yesterday, Englishtown being drifting and whatever is sad too. But bottom line is payouts suck, sponsorship is limited. For my class NHRA only had us at selected events, dropped us completely this year and there was no payout anyway.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Saw that....another piece of my child & young adulthood dies...

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
They aren't wasting anytime tearing it down by the sounds of it.The bleachers are apparently already up for sale

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Englishtown was my home track. Then I moved south so it was Atco. Now that's gone next closest is Cecil or Maplegrove. Twice the drive and then tack on tolls for the dang bridges with a dually and a tandem axle trailer plus fuel...... well no one said drag racing us cheap.
A Doobie Brothers song comes to mind.... Takin it to the streets. That's what's going on anyways. There's ALOT of spots already going off Saturday nights around here. It's bound to get more popular.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
They aren't wasting anytime tearing it down by the sounds of it.The bleachers are apparently already up for sale

Not surprised. The owner started talking about it a few years ago. He was going to sell it a Co-parts shipping yard until the town got into an uproar about the addition of truck traffic moving junk cars. So it's no surprise really. I just hoped they would finish the season.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Englishtown was my home track. Then I moved south so it was Atco. Now that's gone next closest is Cecil or Maplegrove. Twice the drive and then tack on tolls for the dang bridges with a dually and a tandem axle trailer plus fuel...... well no one said drag racing us cheap.
A Doobie Brothers song comes to mind.... Takin it to the streets. That's what's going on anyways. There's ALOT of spots already going off Saturday nights around here. It's bound to get more popular.
Our local city council dedecided they could make more taxes off developing the land our track was on,so when the 30 year lease was up for renewal a few years back,they wouldn't renew it.
Now there's a pile of ******** by city council about the street racing that goes on.Pretty sure the whole council put together hasn't got the IQ of a door knob,lol.
Now my closest 1/4 mile track is 155 miles from my driveway to the enternance gates,which adds a pile of costs to go drag racing every week-end

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
The town this year just voted on Rezoning the area that incorporates E-town so now the dragstrip could never come back. All the owners weren't even advised it was coming up for a vote! Then in Bradenton, FL they're trying to mess with the future of Freedom Factory and dragstrip there because they want to put in a residential community that is not zoned for it. I think it did pass so they might be lucky to last 10 yrs now.
What's this world coming too!

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
The town this year just voted on Rezoning the area that incorporates E-town so now the dragstrip could never come back. All the owners weren't even advised it was coming up for a vote! Then in Bradenton, FL they're trying to mess with the future of Freedom Factory and dragstrip there because they want to put in a residential community that is not zoned for it. I think it did pass so they might be lucky to last 10 yrs now.
The enviromentalists are pushing to have alot pf dragstrips closed,as drag racing is evil you know,and governments are falling for their B.S.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Biggest issue I've seen happening is two things. Family owned and ran tracks are pressured by the towns for the noise and traffic. This has been occurring at every track that was there first since the 60's and developers come in and build housing settlements.
Second issue I've seen happening is the members of the family get older and tired. Tired of the BS from the town and tired to find help every season and such. Then they get money flashed in front of them for either leasing the land for parking wrecked insurance claimed cars or some other development.

To top things off this week, I just found out one of the few campgrounds in the Tom's River area is closing and selling out to Natural Lands Trust in NJ. This group usually does nothing with the land and ends up just being blocked off so no one can utilize it.
Sorry off topic there a little bit, but it seems like my world is closing up shop! But it isn't mine so it is what it is.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What a bummer!

In Phoenix we are losing Wild Horse Pass Raceway (Firebird) this year, lost speedworld years ago too. Only places left to race near the valley in AZ are hours away from the city.

Guess that is how it goes now.

Still remember my first top fuel event with my dad back when I was about 7 years old. I remember the sound scared the heck out of me and the gas in the pits was nuts. But I remember sitting in John Force's car and getting an autograph. We are losing an amazing piece of history here in Phoenix too and it sucks!

Last edited:

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not surprised. The owner started talking about it a few years ago. He was going to sell it a Co-parts shipping yard until the town got into an uproar about the addition of truck traffic moving junk cars. So it's no surprise really. I just hoped they would finish the season.
Used to go to E-town to watch the races, and Freehold for the Hossies. The things U remember from yer late teen years.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
There's days i'm glad i'm in my early 60's,as our generation was pretty well the last generation that grew up with freedom.We could cross borders easily,and when i was a kid,the worst thing was getting the beer taken away at midnight,as off sales closed at midnight in my little hometown.Now they leave the beer and take the driver,lol.
No speed on green/redlight camera's and no cell phones taking pictures of our stupidity,as there's things i did as a kid that would definitely go viral now :Big Laugh: It was hard living up to my last name:waytogo:

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Avarice.

SixAddict

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’m a little lost here. The RPM Act failed to pass in 2022 December.

After searching I don’t see a petition to sign for 2023.?

When will this be before congress again if ever.?

I‘m also concerned as my vette is modified (tuned) to pass emissions test here in AZ Currently but if our state adopts the komifornia emissions testing I’m pretty much hosed.