TOMORROW'S THE BIG DAY...LOTS OF UPGRADES

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

POINTMAN380

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So tomorrow's the big day. I've been prepping for a year now, buying parts, tires, wheels (2 at a time), spending hours on this site getting advice and finding deals. It all comes to a head tomorrow.

My 2018 CC 2500 w the 6.4 and off road package gets the following:

New synergy drag link
Rough country adjustable track bar
20x9 Gear alloy crossbow wheels (+18offset)
35x12.50 Cooper ST/Maxx tires (load F)
Bilsteing B8 level kit (coils and shocks)
Road force balanced wheels/tires
Alignment

Can't thank you guys and gals enough for pointing me in the right direction on my decisions

I'll be sure and post pics as soon as I pick it up tomorrow after work. It feels good to finally get it done.

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
It will never be done, you will always find something that you want. Good luck, and don't forget the pictures when it is done.

This. Every time I get the itch for a new truck I add another mod. In my mind it saves me more money than getting a new truck. At least that is the justification I tell my wife when she rolls her eyes when i tell her I getting a new truck mod.

OMW2SKI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This. Every time I get the itch for a new truck I add another mod. In my mind it saves me more money than getting a new truck. At least that is the justification I tell my wife when she rolls her eyes when i tell her I getting a new truck mod.
That's a great idea! I've had my '18 for a year and a half - longest I've lived with a vehicle for a while. And I totally have the itch. I'm thinking about swapping out my Airlift 1000HD bags for the Timber Groves in preparation of camping season. I'm not really an aftermarket wheel guy, but I'm considering those to scratch the itch next time I need tires. Also, I recently found some upgraded front sway bar links. They look kind of cool, are longer for the level kits, and allegedly add a little stability which I always like for towing. My wife would too roll her eyes but ultimately appreciate this approach. Latest mod was a Sold Fold 2.0 tonneau.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
POINTMAN380

POINTMAN380

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
IMG_20200123_172654.jpg IMG_20200123_173314.jpg IMG_20200123_172646.jpg IMG_20200123_172654.jpg IMG_20200123_172646.jpg

Man....this thing looks exactly like I hoped. Can't thank you guys enough for helping me out with finding deals and picking the right parts. The synergy drag link seems to have made a huge difference. I only drove it about 10 miles home but the steering just feels...tighter and more responsive. I don't know, maybe it's in my head but I don't think so. The suspension also seems much less harsh. It still feels like a HD truck but its just not as jarring. The offset is perfect. No rubbing, no excessive protrusion. The tires stick out maybe an inch outside the fender. The tires seemed noisier at slower speed, under 15ish. But at 35 and up I didn't notice any road noise. I'm super stoked to have this truck. Now its time to tackle the interior. **** never stops

Last edited:

JoshR104

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
View attachment 192851 View attachment 192852 View attachment 192853 View attachment 192851 View attachment 192853

Man....this thing looks exactly like I hoped. Can't thank you guys enough for helping me out with finding deals and picking the right parts. The synergy drag link seems to have made a huge difference. I only drove it about 10 miles home but the steering just feels...tighter and more responsive. I don't know, maybe it's in my head but I don't think so. The suspension also seems much less harsh. It still feels like a HD truck but its just not as jarring. The offset is perfect. No rubbing, no excessive protrusion. The tires stick out maybe an inch outside the fender. The tires seemed noisier at slower speed, under 15ish. But at 35 and up I didn't notice any road noise. I'm super stoked to have this truck. Now its time to tackle the interior. **** never stops

Nice wheels.

20191031_114747.jpg

OP
OP
POINTMAN380

POINTMAN380

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Appreciate that....as well on the heads up about bbwheels. Next time you're in NW Arkansas, the beer is on me. Gotta be honest, the wheels are my favorite upgrade. The milled aluminum accents, for some reason, almost look white and accent the truck very well.

JoshR104

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Appreciate that....as well on the heads up about bbwheels. Next time you're in NW Arkansas, the beer is on me. Gotta be honest, the wheels are my favorite upgrade. The milled aluminum accents, for some reason, almost look white and accent the truck very well.

Was just in Nashville last week doubt Ill be back down that way again anytime soon lol

W4ZWA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic
Engine
5.7L
Excellent looking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Thanks. I'm very happy with how it turned out.

How long have you had your Magnum steps on? Mine started rusting after 2 years. And those were not 2 harsh winter years. Last year I took them off, ground out most of the rust & then painted them again with Rust-oleum Bed Liner. They turned out really well but are starting to rust again on the inside. I am not the kind of guy that let's my truck go too long between washings either.

wetsquirrel

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Look Great!! Your going to love the Bilstein level kit. I installed mine a month ago along with the pure performance adjustable front track bar. The truck rides better than new. Nice choice on the side step too..20191225_142323.jpg

OP
OP
POINTMAN380

POINTMAN380

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
How long have you had your Magnum steps on? Mine started rusting after 2 years. And those were not 2 harsh winter years. Last year I took them off, ground out most of the rust & then painted them again with Rust-oleum Bed Liner. They turned out really well but are starting to rust again on the inside. I am not the kind of guy that let's my truck go too long between washings either.
I think for the money they aren't bad. I will say that within maybe 5 months, large chunks of the coating started flaking off. My plan initially was to remove them and have them bullet lined. I'm rethinking that now and might just bite the bullet for AMP power steps. I also bought the illumination kit for them and would definitely not do that again. The wiring is crap and I've already had one LED burn out.

In all honesty, hindsight being 20/20, if I could go back I would not buy the ICI steps. They were a budget oriented purchase out of the gate but I think I would have been better off to save and buy a higher quality product. I'm hoping that oedro starts making steps for the 2500 cause I really like that look.

OP
OP
POINTMAN380

POINTMAN380

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Look Great!! Your going to love the Bilstein level kit. I installed mine a month ago along with the pure performance adjustable front track bar. The truck rides better than new. Nice choice on the side step too..View attachment 192893
No question it rides much better. It's still stiff like a 2500 HD should be, just without the harsh jarring feel when hitting small bumps or railroad tracks.

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I keep watching for mods that i can afford..
My trk needs more mods
My.crotch rocket needs more mods
Building a higher end gamer pc for a military based flight sim.....

The only problem is,i own a house and i pay everything myself on one salary..

I hate this mod bug...BUT i pick at it here and there..

OP
OP
POINTMAN380

POINTMAN380

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I keep watching for mods that i can afford..
My trk needs more mods
My.crotch rocket needs more mods
Building a higher end gamer pc for a military based flight sim.....

The only problem is,i own a house and i pay everything myself on one salary..

I hate this mod bug...BUT i pick at it here and there..

I told myself that I was done after the suspension and wheels/tires. I was sure that my itch would have been scratched. Then I started reading the audio threads and looking into upgrading interior (seat covers, door panels, full consoles, etc.). It's a sickness....I'm gonna file it for disability and see if I can get .gov to pay for it