Towing Options for my RAM 1500 2WD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Antonio Soto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey Gents, So I plan on moving back to New Jersey from California in Oct. I plan on driving a Penske truck since my truck isn't rated to tow a trailer big enough to carry all of my house goods. I was wondering what my options were as far as towing my truck behind the 21' Penske truck. This is what I know, my truck is too heavy for a UHAUL dolly, and too long for a Car Carrier. Is flat towing an option? In the owners manual it says that it is not recommended on 2wd trucks. Would that change if I dropped my driveshaft? Has anyone done this or know someone who has.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Any chance of somebody driving it for you. It may even be cheaper than towing it behind a Penske truck lol.

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Last time my brother towed a truck back to his shop, he used a tow dolly. But rather than drive the truck on it and pull the drive shaft, he backed the truck onto it and locked the wheels.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
If the back wheels are on the ground you gotta pull that drive shaft no 2 ways about that.