Towing without a "tow Package"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
That is totally incorrect information.

i would love to hear the correct information. 04 was the first year they started putting it in the trucks. hemi, 4.7 and cummins had it on the end of the column shifter. the only truck i am not sure about is the v6, so you might have me there. i think some cummins trucks started getting it in 03 even, but 03/04 only locked out overdrive and let the torque converter lock in 3rd, it didnt start modifying shift points and increasing line pressure until 05.

Last edited:

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
To the OP: if you have the 7 pin and 4 pin hookups, take a peek under the rear bumper. You probably have the hitch bar in place already, minus the drop hitch assembly which you can pick up from your dealer or eBay. That's the way my Sport was. Regarding trailer brake controllers, you should put one on. Most manufacturers recommend brakes on trailers over 1500#.

braindead0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hugenormous
+1 on trailer brake controller.. IF you intend to tow a trailer with electric brakes. If not there's no reason to have one.