Toyo AT III vs. General Grabber ATX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hogman338

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just installed Toyo AT3s in 305/70R17s on my RAM a few weeks ago. I only have about 400 miles on them but they have been great in the Iowa snow. They ride really good for a load range E tire on a half ton. We got about 2000 miles on the wife's Renegade's Toyo AT3s they too have been great. I have Cooper ST Maxx tires on my Chevy 2500HD & the Toyo's are a lot better on hard packed snow & ice. 20210120_165450.jpg

Last edited:

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Correct!!
As a tire Rack Dealer Toyo is not one of their main brands they don’t carry toyos full line either. So they are very limited on sizes. So that not an accurate comparison.

CaliRam14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am running Toyo ATIII on mine as well and will say I am very happy with them. They are quiet on the pavement and fierce off road. No question for me at all.

Rickcumm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
COOPER AT3 Discoverer tires are great and made in the USA
COOPER is the best way to go

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Most Toyos are made in the southeast. Continental tires owns General Tire.
all Toyo at3 are made in Georgia as are most of their open country truck and suv tires. Some come from Japan but most are made in the USA.

tuckerdog1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Kinda sounds like you can't go wrong either way. No experience with the Toyos, but have maybe 8K miles on the Grabbers. They have been excellent in every type of weather ( lately even snow here in Texas ). Looking at the tread, I was afraid they'd be a really loud tire. The Tire Rack reviews said it was quiet. Tire Rack was correct.

BigJoe1094

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Id have to agree with @tuckerdog1 either option seems solid. I ran the grabber AT2s on my 06 1500 and they were phenomenal. Great grip in all conditions and am planning on getting the ATX after I put my level on and get my new wheels. From what everyone is saying it looks more like which do you think look better/availability/cost rather than a clear cut better performing tire.

Brett A Landry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
19 3500 srw, I have the toyo at III and they are awesome in every way. When I bought the truck I put some Goodyear Duratracs, they are to loud. Good tire but only got 40,000 miles. The Toyos are much better in wet weather, my duratracs slipped a lot and my toyos have not slipped yet.

Jonathan W Barney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a question about these two choices of tires. I know they have good reviews for traction in snow, mud, on road, off road, etc. Etc. My question is, which tire is really good for hauling a camper? 2016 1500 5.7

Crawgator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
2017 Rebel-- I had the Toyo Open Country A/T's and had 70K miles on them. I put Toyo Open Country A/T3's 305/70/17"s on several weeks ago. The tread looks more aggressive than the pics I seen of them. They are quiet, track well on the highway, and handle really good in the rain. As others has posted, it seem you can't go wrong with either brand.