Trading off 2018 Power Wagon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
I have been talking with Dave Smith Auto in Idaho, they are still knocking about $8k off msrp......just not sure if going from my 2018 to a 2020 is worth it
8k is a lotta money off a new truck.

Mine was msrp at 60k. Got mine for 49k, with the 12" screen.

If you can afford it. **** it. Go for it. Life is short.

You will LOVE the 8 speed lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have fun with that. I don’t have a PW but a Rebel, the Black Edition, and I’m looking to trade it on either a Delmonico Red or maybe a white Laramie or Limited.

My truck is beautiful but I’ll never own another black vehicle.

When black is clean and polished, it’s sexy as hell but damn, are they hard to keep clean. lol. Had two of them. I can say I won’t ever have another black vehicle because of the “never say never” wiseman saying but I haven’t owned another one since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2018 Black w/rambox and the decal delete option, love it but it is hard to keep clean. If the color is that important go for it. I've often thought about trading up for the new camera sytem and transmission.

Other than just pure and simply not needing a three-quarter ton at all, that six speed automatic in the fourth GEN’s is pretty much what nailed the coffin shut for my thoughts of ever wanting one.

I still don’t need that much truck But I can see it a lot more clearly someday having a 2500 with a 392 and 8-speed behind it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTRamFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I must agree with everyone. I love the black--when it's clean. But, within 1 hour of washing, it's dirty again. I'd really like an orange one. I also like the sand color. I was curious and looked at my local dealership. Prices are high and not coming down. I figured they'd come down some with the hit the car dealerships are experiencing with this virus thing going on. I also only see 2019 PWs on the lot--no 2020s.

When I bought mine, coming up on a month ago, the dealership was quite busy. I had 4 people in front of me to finish the deal with the finance person. I was going to order one but who knows when Michigan will be free again.

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I always look at prices of trucks as a hobby and just out of boredom. What I've noticed is that about 4-6 weeks ago, they were really dealing on new vehicles. That was when all this virus crap was relatively new and most people were unsure and therefore not spending money. Now it seems like the dealerships are running low on inventory as people started to loosen up and spend some money after they became more comfortable/familiar with our new way of life. I recently inquired about a new Power Wagon at Tacoma Dodge, (this is the place I bought my '17 and I also bought a '16 Scat Pack Charger and got $10,000 off of MSRP), and now they don't even want to talk about anything less than MSRP. Supply and demand now I guess.
Well they can suck it....not paying their prices

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 12 is Black and I have tried and use every different type of polish, was, detailer, ceramic SIO2 yada, yada, yada, and I can tell you that when it’s clean is beautiful when it’s dirty (everyday it’s not cleaned) it’ll wear on you. Lol, I am a self admitted **** retentive when it comes to my vehicle’s and if you’re anything like me and that 18 you got looks mighty spiffy, you my friend will curse everyday from pollen, birds and even the occasional puddle. Good Luck

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yeah I have an 18 black on black with ram box. I kept the decals. It's the best color of PW I think. I'm not a huge fan of the two tone rockers in the other colors. I kind of wish they would have done matte black decals though only because I like the big decal on the hood. It' just pin strips on the black ones.

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Well they can suck it....not paying their prices
It’s not “they,” there aren’t any rebates on HD trucks right now. Dealers can’t pick up the slack when the manufacturer doesn’t participate in the discounts.

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
It’s not “they,” there aren’t any rebates on HD trucks right now. Dealers can’t pick up the slack when the manufacturer doesn’t participate in the discounts.
I disagree. Dealerships can discount vehicles at any time. They also qualify for other incentives for volume of sales. So when a dealership says MSRP or walk....well i stand by my statement THEY CAN SUCK IT!

Dealers are supposed to be a service but they are actually a joke in the service industry both sides selling and repairing.

IRSmart

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I disagree. Dealerships can discount vehicles at any time. They also qualify for other incentives for volume of sales. So when a dealership says MSRP or walk....well i stand by my statement THEY CAN SUCK IT!

Dealers are supposed to be a service but they are actually a joke in the service industry both sides selling and repairing.
Kind of an offensive blanket statement considering there are many of us here that are willing and able to help. And I sincerely doubt that any dealer right now is saying “sticker or kick rocks” right now. You might be back up to MSRP after taxes and fees on a $70k truck, that’s different. Most volume dealers discount as much as they are able to at all times, the fluctuation in price you see is due to manufacturer rebates changing. Why I said that dealers can’t always pick up the slack when the rebates from FCA change by thousands.

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Kind of an offensive blanket statement considering there are many of us here that are willing and able to help. And I sincerely doubt that any dealer right now is saying “sticker or kick rocks” right now. You might be back up to MSRP after taxes and fees on a $70k truck, that’s different. Most volume dealers discount as much as they are able to at all times, the fluctuation in price you see is due to manufacturer rebates changing. Why I said that dealers can’t always pick up the slack when the rebates from FCA change by thousands.
I dont think its offensive at all. Car salesman get their name by shady practices and while some are good, others are not. If dealers truly discount what they can, why is there always negotation room? Why is a trade in always undervalued usually by 20% or more? I get they are a business and need to pay bills, but they dont need to get rich off of me. Lets say i take my PW in to trade. They may give me 30k, but a similar less optioned Higher mileage on their site right now they are asking 44k for....14k difference. Even after negotiations they are gonna pull a 10k profit. Sorry , not sorry i dont like giving my money away

IRSmart

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I dont think its offensive at all. Car salesman get their name by shady practices and while some are good, others are not. If dealers truly discount what they can, why is there always negotation room? Why is a trade in always undervalued usually by 20% or more? I get they are a business and need to pay bills, but they dont need to get rich off of me. Lets say i take my PW in to trade. They may give me 30k, but a similar less optioned Higher mileage on their site right now they are asking 44k for....14k difference. Even after negotiations they are gonna pull a 10k profit. Sorry , not sorry i dont like giving my money away
I suspect there would be a hundred reasons why the truck you see would be listed at $44k. But I can promise you that no one in this world is making $10k profit on a used car. I work for the third largest auto group in the United States. Right now my store specifically has about 60 used cars out. Our average front end profit is just over $1k. If someone has ANY used car marked up $10k or more, they’re priced grossly out of the market. 99.9% of dealerships aren’t bad. We’re just people making a living. Fact is that you don’t understand the business behind the scenes and are making assumptions based on the information you have, and I can’t blame you for that. But without derailing this thread further, no one is trying to crush you or take a cruise based off your one purchase, it may just be that what you want is either unreasonable and/or unattainable