Trans dipstick tube

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve Tokash

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bought my 14 about 3 weeks ago stupid me never checked the transfluid until now right before i am supposed to take an 8 hour drive. Tube is broken at what appears to be the mounting bracket i didnt loose any fluid or anything but is this something that can wait or should i fix this before i leave?

stoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 | 2500 SLT CC
Engine
6.4L w/ 4:10
Not sure where the bracket is on the dipstick, assuming it's near the motor, so 12 inches from the housing where it attaches, in which case I'd carry some extra fluid just in case and keep an eye on the level.
Once you replace, change filter and oil as you have no idea what might have went in, assuming parts of the tube seeing as I assume its rusted out.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
The dipstick tubes have been updated with a second bracket to prevent them from breaking like that. So there’s a bracket at the back of the engine and a new one that goes to the intake manifold.

stoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 | 2500 SLT CC
Engine
The dipstick tubes have been updated with a second bracket to prevent them from breaking like that. So there’s a bracket at the back of the engine and a new one that goes to the intake manifold.

When was the update?

stoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 | 2500 SLT CC
Engine
I just looked at my 15, tube runs between rear of head and firewall, can't see a bracket from above, but the tube is firm, thankfully.

OP
OP
Steve Tokash

Steve Tokash

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
good news no issues on my road trip and i spoke with the dealer they will fix the tube hopefully they do the filter and fluid as well but i doubt it.