Triax trans fluid for 8hp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
For those who'd rather stick to a factory fluid in the ZF trans, we've seen that it's quite expensive (Mopar) or somewhat hard to find (ZF Lifeguard). The other option is Maxlife which is easy to find but a very broad spectrum fluid, not having that argument here.

Anyway, Triax sells this fluid which is listed specifically for ZF applications and cites all of the Mopar part numbers for 8/9 spd fluid. At $57 shipped for 6qt and arrival in a couple days, both problems are solved. Also of interest is their fluid shares the same light green tint as the factory Mopar fluid.

Food for thought, nothing more.

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
For those who'd rather stick to a factory fluid in the ZF trans, we've seen that it's quite expensive (Mopar) or somewhat hard to find (ZF Lifeguard). The other option is Maxlife which is easy to find but a very broad spectrum fluid, not having that argument here.

Anyway, Triax sells this fluid which is listed specifically for ZF applications and cites all of the Mopar part numbers for 8/9 spd fluid. At $57 shipped for 6qt and arrival in a couple days, both problems are solved. Also of interest is their fluid shares the same light green tint as the factory Mopar fluid.

Food for thought, nothing more.
That's definately worth looking into, especially if they list the compatibility.

I had a '97 Audi A6 quattro that had a ZF trans in it. ZF trannies used in ALOT of vehicles over the years, for sure.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
They don't label stuff like bitog is used to because they concentrate on fleet stuff. if it works it works, with the 8 speed you know if it slips or not. Even the mightly redline has issues with the 8 speed, too slippery. We have a handful of triax users around here, they seam to like it.

OP
OP
caulk04

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Source or bs. I looked briefly and the only recurring topic I saw was an argument about a gear oil.

I've used bitog for information because there is good info there, however it is a hub for the oil freaks from EVERY forum to congregate

ramsare4real

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've used bitog for information because there is good info there, however it is a hub for the oil freaks from EVERY forum to congregate
It's the home of the lubrication experts. It's up to you whom to listen to.