Trouble code B222C "Vehicle Configuration Not Programmed"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nashcar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
background
Installed oem backup camera 82214240AC in my 2016 1500 SLT.

Like a ******* got the wrong pins swapped 1 2 and 3 instead of 31 32 33, got that fix thank to the thread on here. Didn't connect the BCM connector all the way so when I turn on the truck got nothing, fixed that issue.

Radio, Bluetooth, Compass, and camera work like it should and the lines move even, so no more issues with the camera.

Had an engine light, so whipped out my trusty ALFAOBD and started to check the module for error codes
Found in the radio code B222C "Vehicle Configuration Not Programmed"

I've disconnected the battery negative terminal overnight about 12 hrs. Still hasn't cleared the code. Checked all the wiring connecter and disconnected the BCM plug that I had to splice into to see if any pins were damaged, no damage to the BCM or Radio pins.

No other fault in any of the other modules BCM,ABS,CLIMATE no other faults.

I have read that there is another reset you can do by disconnecting the positive and negative cables and touching them together OFF the battery was wondering if that might do the trick, or ANY other advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks for helping out this 3 legged fool

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
background
Installed oem backup camera 82214240AC in my 2016 1500 SLT.

Like a ******* got the wrong pins swapped 1 2 and 3 instead of 31 32 33, got that fix thank to the thread on here. Didn't connect the BCM connector all the way so when I turn on the truck got nothing, fixed that issue.

Radio, Bluetooth, Compass, and camera work like it should and the lines move even, so no more issues with the camera.

Had an engine light, so whipped out my trusty ALFAOBD and started to check the module for error codes
Found in the radio code B222C "Vehicle Configuration Not Programmed"

I've disconnected the battery negative terminal overnight about 12 hrs. Still hasn't cleared the code. Checked all the wiring connecter and disconnected the BCM plug that I had to splice into to see if any pins were damaged, no damage to the BCM or Radio pins.

No other fault in any of the other modules BCM,ABS,CLIMATE no other faults.

I have read that there is another reset you can do by disconnecting the positive and negative cables and touching them together OFF the battery was wondering if that might do the trick, or ANY other advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks for helping out this 3 legged fool

Try this
Screenshot_20210416-171701_Chrome.jpg

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
watch this

It breaks down what the B222C means in computer terms