Truck blinks on dash and fuse area clicks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AARON915

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 5.9L
So, I have an 01 ram 1500, 115k Miles on it, Bought it almost 2 years ago

Haven’t had it on the road in awhile but whenever I try to start it, the dashboard light turn on and blink, and there’s a clicking noise every couple seconds, sounds like it’s coming from the wiring under the steering wheel and above the petals

When it does that, it won’t start at all most of the time. Sometimes get it started when I try repeatedly or jump start it, but that’s it really. It happened sometimes when first purchased, but got a new battery since it hasn’t been on the road and it does it more often. Battery is unblocked when it’s sitting.

Any ideas what it could be? Radio and dash lights work fine when I only turn the key 2 clicks. I’ve read it could be the alternator or something else

rrb6699

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 / 318
sounds like the column switch for the key. can you pinpoint the location of the clicks? get someone to turn the key for you. relays click too