TRX vs Durango Hellcat

TRX Vs Hellcat Durango

• TRX

Votes: 24 72.7%
  • Hellcat Durango

Votes: 9 27.3%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Osudoc2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hey guys, the knowledge base here goes welllllll beyond mine with these trucks. I currently have a 2019 1500 Laramie Sport, lifted, exhaust, intake, etc..

The big question is that I will be ordering a new "work vehicle" in late January and am torn. TRX vs Hellcat Durango.

Work is relative and I only use the truck bed sparingly a few times per year. But love the idea of a truck. Have had a Durango SRT before this Ram and was in love with it. The Durango is limited to a production run of 2000 only as well.

Would love to see what you guys think! Appreciate any and all responses.

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Durango I thought about the trx but imho the raptor is getting a v8 so it'll do it better and even though I love the look of the rams the raptor looks better than the trx also.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6920 using Tapatalk

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The MPG of the TRX is a reason I would never buy one.
Mpg sucks I agree but no one looking at 700+hp combustion engine vehicle honestly gives 2 craps about that lol. I'll throw this out there if I had the money the new gmc hummer would be going in the garage and I hate the idea of electric cars but you can't deny the capability. Example tesla's slowest car will run with a stock cat in the 1/4.

Plankton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mpg sucks I agree but no one looking at 700+hp combustion engine vehicle honestly gives 2 craps about that lol. I'll throw this out there if I had the money the new gmc hummer would be going in the garage and I hate the idea of electric cars but you can't deny the capability. Example tesla's slowest car will run with a stock cat in the 1/4.

Whoa. First I'm seeing those. I'd be considering one too. Gotta love the one-up-ness of auto mfg's.

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Whoa. First I'm seeing those. I'd be considering one too. Gotta love the one-up-ness of auto mfg's.
Something about a truck with 1000 hp and 11000 ft lbs 0-60 faster than the new vette lol

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold

I do. ZL1 gets pretty darn good mpg, fair enough it is "only" 650/650 but regardless that is why I stick to high HP cars.

ScLeCo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Supercharged 426
Something about a truck with 1000 hp and 11000 ft lbs 0-60 faster than the new vette lol

"The 2020 Ram 3500 HD high output model has a 6.7-liter Cummins turbodiesel inline-six that produces a claimed 1,000 lb-ft of torque at 1,356 rpm. First gear has a ratio of 3.75, and let’s assume we’re dealing with a dual-rear-wheel truck, which can be optioned with a 4.10 rear axle ratio. If we also assume no drivetrain losses, we’re looking at 15,375 lb-ft of torque at the rear wheels.In that context, the 11,500 lb-ft is less of a mind-blower"

The great thing about that torque is that it's available from 0 rpm.
I'm waiting for the charging infrastructure. Once that's in place I'm totally going electric.

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I was referring to Ohio5pt7 saying it could out run the new Vette = post #7
I didn't say it would out run it. I said it was quicker to 60. Depends on where you read it but both hit 60 2.8-3.0 seconds.

BigLazer4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Lol.. GMC.. JUNK.. owned 2 of them, all JUNK.. good luck with your hummer.. interesting to see this in a Mopar forum..

Oh and by the way, a new Electric car has already caused 30,000 pounds of carbon-dioxide emission when comparing manufacturing a conventional car is 14,000 pounds. You would have to drive your electric car over 100,000 miles to make up for the amount of emissions it produced. Is it really worth it?

I think not.. I’ll be the last one to buy a electric car..

If I were you, I would buy the Durango hellcat and enjoy the hell out of it. It will get better MPG and it will be awesome one of a kind since they are only building a set number.

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Lol.. GMC.. JUNK.. owned 2 of them, all JUNK.. good luck with your hummer.. interesting to see this in a Mopar forum..

Oh and by the way, a new Electric car has already caused 30,000 pounds of carbon-dioxide emission when comparing manufacturing a conventional car is 14,000 pounds. You would have to drive your electric car over 100,000 miles to make up for the amount of emissions it produced. Is it really worth it?

I think not.. I’ll be the last one to buy a electric car..

If I were you, I would buy the Durango hellcat and enjoy the hell out of it. It will get better MPG and it will be awesome one of a kind since they are only building a set number.
In a mopar thread because I go with what I want not what the crowd goes with. And as far a emissions I could care less about emissions my point was performance wise the hummer is impressive.

BigLazer4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
In a mopar thread because I go with what I want not what the crowd goes with. And as far a emissions I could care less about emissions my point was performance wise the hummer is impressive.

performance? Ok well let’s tackle that too. Let’s look at how they come up with that insane torque number.. as a marketing trick to get people to think it’s so “awesome”

“diesel GMC Sierra 2500HD. It's got a 10-speed transmission, meaning it will have a different maximum wheel torque number for each gear. Let's calculate the wheel torque in first gear: 910 lb-ft x 4.54 (the gear ratio for 1st) x 3.42 (the differential gear ratio). The result? 14,129 lb-ft of wheel torque. Suddenly, the Hummer's 11,500 lb-ft of wheel torque isn't so impressive.”
https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a34429135/gmc-hummer-engine-torque-figure-explanation/

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
performance? Ok well let’s tackle that too. Let’s look at how they come up with that insane torque number.. as a marketing trick to get people to think it’s so “awesome”

“diesel GMC Sierra 2500HD. It's got a 10-speed transmission, meaning it will have a different maximum wheel torque number for each gear. Let's calculate the wheel torque in first gear: 910 lb-ft x 4.54 (the gear ratio for 1st) x 3.42 (the differential gear ratio). The result? 14,129 lb-ft of wheel torque. Suddenly, the Hummer's 11,500 lb-ft of wheel torque isn't so impressive.”
https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a34429135/gmc-hummer-engine-torque-figure-explanation/
That's great I don't see your example doing 0-60 in 3 or less seconds that is performance not a torque multiplication figure. Again your entitled to your opinion but at the end of the day it's just that am opinion.

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I hope when these ev trucks hit everyone goes and buys one. Trading their RAM trucks at an alarming rate.

So the damn price of used trucks will come back down. I want to own 4 4th Gens and a New 5th Gen like I did when I owned 2 Powerwagons, a Trailduster and a Power RAM while buying a 3 year old 2nd Gen. All in I had 13k in all of them

Now I can not buy a wornout 2nd Gen with 200k for less than 10k

Heck I just saw a 2nd gen going for 39k.

Please...jump ship to the Hummer for its 0 to 60 time...i need cheap RAMS