Two questions regarding my 2019 limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve Foulks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am sure these are answered in the owner manual if you know where to look:

1. Is it possible to keep the running boards out when the doors are closed? I ask this because when I get the car washed it would be nice to wash the running boards washed also.

2. Is it possible to have the truck make some sort of beeping sound when you are being passed and the little amber light in the mirror is lit? I don't always look in the side mirrors, so some sort of warning sound would be nice.

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
1. Yes. There is an option to manually deploy the power side steps (or retract them). This only works while in park. Once you put the truck in gear they will automatically retract. (See screenshot).

2. There are settings but the audible beep will only occur if the blind spot monitoring is activated and you put on your blinker in that direction. The audible alert can be turned off/on in settings.

c007e6429f6f4d32c06fd56afeab2c33.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanBen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
While parked if you open the door the board comes down and if you continue to step on it and close the door the board will stay down. When you open the door and then close it again without standing on the board it will retract as normal.

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
While parked if you open the door the board comes down and if you continue to step on it and close the door the board will stay down. When you open the door and then close it again without standing on the board it will retract as normal.

I would probably recommend just using the button instead of forced resistance. [emoji1787][emoji1787]

OP
OP
Steve Foulks

Steve Foulks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks guys, but none of your answers are what I wanted to hear. In the winter I take my car to the motorized car was which requires you to have your car in neutral as the car is pulled through.

I don't often use my turn signal when I pull out to pass, so I guess I won't hear a beeping when someone is in my blind spot.

Oh well

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks guys, but none of your answers are what I wanted to hear. In the winter I take my car to the motorized car was which requires you to have your car in neutral as the car is pulled through.

I don't often use my turn signal when I pull out to pass, so I guess I won't hear a beeping when someone is in my blind spot.

Oh well

You do know that using your turn signal to change lanes is required by law right?

OP
OP
Steve Foulks

Steve Foulks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You will also probably hate the LaneSense Lane departure warning since you have to use your turn signals to deactivate to change lanes.

I turned that feature off since I was "departing" fairly often in around town driving.

In our state, Michigan, the court of appeals about four years ago made it clear that you are required to use your turn signal when changing lanes as the law regarding that issue is vague on that issue. Anyway I wasn't aware that it is now required in my state. I will try to remember that.

DwnDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So many issues with this thread.. Lol...

However, I'll keep my opinion to myself. Is there not a way to keep the boards out permanently, or retract them permanently? Being an issue with winter I know my parents Denali power boards took a crap after a few winters. The motors aren't sealed and meant for harsh winter weather... I dunno why manufacturers insist on installing crap. Its just going to be a constant warranty hassle for the 3/60 until it gets traded.

Chill72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In our state, Michigan, the court of appeals about four years ago made it clear that you are required to use your turn signal when changing lanes as the law regarding that issue is vague on that issue. Anyway I wasn't aware that it is now required in my state. I will try to remember that.

Unless you are 16 years old, how the **** do you not know that turn signals are required every time you turn/change lanes/pass. I don’t need law to tell me that it is required...you ever heard of common sense?

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Unless you are 16 years old, how the **** do you not know that turn signals are required every time you turn/change lanes/pass. I don’t need law to tell me that it is required...you ever heard of common sense?

I don't know either but about 70% of drivers here in Tampa Bay don't even know they exist!

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't know either but about 70% of drivers here in Tampa Bay don't even know they exist!

That's got to be aggravating, how lazy can you be, its soooooo difficult to reach for the turn signal.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's got to be aggravating, how lazy can you be, its soooooo difficult to reach for the turn signal.

What's more aggravating is a lot of them just get over whenever they want. Doesn't matter if your directly parallel to them. It is not so bad in the truck, as I have no problem running someone off the road. The Charger is a different story lol

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What's more aggravating is a lot of them just get over whenever they want. Doesn't matter if your directly parallel to them. It is not so bad in the truck, as I have no problem running someone off the road. The Charger is a different story lol

Haha yeah I have some friends down there and have heard some stories, like a whole other world when it comes to driving it seems. People up here love camping in the passing lanes (also incredibly aggravating) but at least when they are finally ready to move over they use their blinkers.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That’s another reason I hate that damn radar ****. Makes people dependent on something else to pay attention to rather than the driver, who should be doing it. Really glad they didn’t debut that crap till 19 and left the 18’s alone.

But how about just looking in your mirrors from time to time instead of waiting on a beep or a little light to blink. And use your turn signal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Haha yeah I have some friends down there and have heard some stories, like a whole other world when it comes to driving it seems. People up here love camping in the passing lanes (also incredibly aggravating) but at least when they are finally ready to move over they use their blinkers.

It's actually a law now, but I wish they would make it more apparent and enforce it more. No matter how fast someone is going, if a car is actively trying to pass you, by law you must move out of the left lane. Speeding is a non-factor, as the law seemed to be primarily to reduce road rage.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's actually a law now, but I wish they would make it more apparent and enforce it more. No matter how fast someone is going, if a car is actively trying to pass you, by law you must move out of the left lane. Speeding is a non-factor, as the law seemed to be primarily to reduce road rage.

Agreed, its law in a lot of places but from what I've seen, incredibly unlikely to be enforced by anyone. You're probably more likely to get pulled over for passing in the right lane than you are for not moving over, sadly.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That’s another reason I hate that damn radar ****. Makes people dependent on something else to pay attention to rather than the driver, who should be doing it. Really glad they didn’t debut that crap till 19 and left the 18’s alone.

But how about just looking in your mirrors from time to time instead of waiting on a beep or a little light to blink. And use your turn signal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Similar to using blinkers, I never understood peoples unwillingness or just laziness not to scan their mirrors while driving. Really not very much effort in exchange for being much more aware of your surroundings. Also blindly going through intersections when you have the green light, I'm not about to trust that someone else isn't blowing through their red light, just scan it as you approach. I'm only 32 and have been driving for 16 years, but I've never been in an accident before so it works for me.