Uconnect, 2014 LoneStar - voice recognition stopped working for text replies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cwickgo9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Over the last year, realized where I could respond with voice and send a custom text reply, now it will not allow this only allow canned responses.
I'm assuming this is some 4G to 5G change or some other update.
A) is this correct, anyone else have this issue?
B) if so, has anyone found a work around (besides having to physically use your phone to reply)?
C) if NOT, what the h__l happened and how can I fix it - is there a newer software update that "repairs" this?

shmedley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Following as I noticed the same thing not that long ago. Haven't updated my radio software in a while

Shawn Crandall

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Also following because the same happened to my 2015. There are more threads about this but it’s related to when they “upgraded” from 3g to 4g I believe and the voice-to-text feature no longer works and I have not found a workaround. It really sucks because I used that feature constantly. Way more than the auto start. I’m not renewing the Uconnect bundle as I don’t use any of the features now. If anyone has found a 3rd party app for voice-to-text I’d appreciate it!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963