Uconnect Experience Feedback

Select all statements below that best describe your experience with the Uconnect system:

• My dealer walked me through the functions and features

• My dealer did not walk me through the functions and features

• I use resources such as DriveUconnect.com, social sites, and the owner’s manual to better understand

• I am confident in using Uconnect

• The Uconnect system is still unfamiliar to me

Results are only viewable after voting.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Ram Nation: We are always striving to improve your ownership experience. Today, we are interested in hearing about your comfort level with the Uconnect system & connected services in your Ram truck. Please take our quick poll (approx. 30 sec.) and leave any additional comments below.

Useful Links-
DriveUconnect.com
Get your Owner's Manual

pdavey

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 & 2019
Engine
5.7 & 6.4
Ram Nation: We are always striving to improve your ownership experience. Today, we are interested in hearing about your comfort level with the Uconnect system & connected services in your Ram truck. Please take our quick poll (approx. 30 sec.) and leave any additional comments below.

Useful Links-
DriveUconnect.com
Get your Owner's Manual
Love the system however the cellular modem stopped working in the system and in dealer mode is showing it doesn't exist

SW or HW versions are no longer showing up.

Would like to have that fixed and would like the off-road pages and other conected services I am seeing on the newer models to be able to be downloaded OTA.

I have a 2019 Ram Power Wagon

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Truth1978

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good afternoon, I don’t understand why my 2021 ram with the 12 inch screen, Uconnect doesn’t offer the info on my truck in the app. My previous truck was a 2018 and I could see my tire pressure, miles, etc, in the app. However with a newer truck with better technology that’s not available?? Please make that make sense for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KalboKalbs

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
21 Longhorn Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you for asking.

15 Laramie. Use very little of what is in on Uconnect.

- Really don't pay much attention to Uconnect, beyond navigation and general settings.

- IF there is a monthly subscription, or fee for use, it is a no go.

- However, I did pay for a map update Dec 2019. The actual update a pain in the ass from A to Z. Update to the maps was a bad joke, on me. Won't make that mistake twice.

Next Saturday, I am picking up a 21 1500 Longhorn Limited. Plan to post additional thoughts after next weekend.

Richg87

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock
Engine
V6 Pentastar
I purchased the Warlock because I love the looks and the way it drives. Another reason is the 5" display with Uconnect. The fewer the electronics the better for me. Satellite radio is really all I need. I'm around so much technology on a daily basis getting in my truck allows me to decompress and get away from it all.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
I'm happy with the interface and it's a lot better than my wife's SYNC in her 2020 Ford Ranger.

Plenty of glitches that keep coming up - blue screen of death, black screen, audio sudden volume jumps/stops working, frozen screen, themes don't save, rear camera doesn't display, and the list goes on.

Only 1 update in 2 years of ownership (8.4" NAV) and it didn't seem to fix anything. Every time I call I get told "there's an update coming by the end of the quarter".

pdavey

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 & 2019
Engine
5.7 & 6.4
I'm happy with the interface and it's a lot better than my wife's SYNC in her 2020 Ford Ranger.

Plenty of glitches that keep coming up - blue screen of death, black screen, audio sudden volume jumps/stops working, frozen screen, themes don't save, rear camera doesn't display, and the list goes on.

Only 1 update in 2 years of ownership (8.4" NAV) and it didn't seem to fix anything. Every time I call I get told "there's an update coming by the end of the quarter".
Completely agree that these systems need more updates. They are now a platform instead of a piece of static hardware.

Ramtastico

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Warlock
Engine
3.6l
New user... so can't comment on any glitches other than one day the nav on my iphone wouldn't connect. May have been me... not sure but this functionality is HUGE given we use it a lot!

Overall love it and think it's a real value add to the truck. 8.4 screen that's laid out really well and visually nice makes the truck seem a bit more upscale and just fits in nicely with the overall layout in the Warlock.

3 things I use the most
-Iphone navigation to the uconnect screen
-backup camera
-Sirius xm- will continue to subscribe after the free trial. Makes the drive more fun.

-While it's nice to have the climate on the uconnect... we mostly use the physical buttons.
-The uconnect marketplace is a interesting idea... but limited value for me. If I could order starbucks or caribou that would get used all the time. The joe app is a nice idea however only has like 3 coffee shops in the entire state and nowhere close.
-The wifi- haven't set that up yet... not sure if that's through uconnect however we will try that out. If I had to choose that or xm, would take the xm.. however it will come in handy for the ipads without cellular.

The dealer showed me how to pair the phone, but that's about it.

Ramtastico

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Warlock
Engine
3.6l
amending my prev post.

What I DONT like about uconnect is the ergonomics. I should be able to change my xm channels from the steering wheel... it's a pain to reach over to change stations.

Maybe i just haven't figured it out, however I can change gears from my steering wheel (unlikely I will EVER use) however I can't change the audio (something I would ALWAYS use).

I can use the voice prompts... but it is too slow for just flipping through stations.

Big thumbs down on this one.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
amending my prev post.

What I DONT like about uconnect is the ergonomics. I should be able to change my xm channels from the steering wheel... it's a pain to reach over to change stations.

Maybe i just haven't figured it out, however I can change gears from my steering wheel (unlikely I will EVER use) however I can't change the audio (something I would ALWAYS use).

I can use the voice prompts... but it is too slow for just flipping through stations.

Are there buttons on the back of the steering wheel? Those buttons are the audio controls:

Left side: up/down to change channels and the button in the middle to cycle through your favorites.

Right side: up/down for volume control and the button in the middle to cycle through audio inputs (BT, radio, SXM, etc.)

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
amending my prev post.

Are there buttons on the back of the steering wheel? Those buttons are the audio controls:

Left side: up/down to change channels and the button in the middle to cycle through your favorites.

Right side: up/down for volume control and the button in the middle to cycle through audio inputs (BT, radio, SXM, etc.)

Do all 5th gens (all trim levels) have the steering wheel buttons on the back? I know some trim levels in the 4th gen didn't, and being that the warlock is a 4th gen it may not have them? The warlock is based off the big horn I believe? If that's the case, I'm not sure if all 4th gen bighorns had those buttons on the back or not.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
Do all 5th gens (all trim levels) have the steering wheel buttons on the back? I know some trim levels in the 4th gen didn't, and being that the warlock is a 4th gen it may not have them? The warlock is based off the big horn I believe? If that's the case, I'm not sure if all 4th gen bighorns had those buttons on the back or not.
my 2012 2500 slt has the rear steering wheel buttons and they work with my kenwood system.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
Just checked... no buttons back of steering wheel :-(
I read of someone adding them to their steering wheel. Are there blanks on the back where the buttons would go (approximately 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock on the steering wheel)?

Don't quote me but IIRC the buttons weren't too hard to add and they started working once they were installed with no additional work, programming, etc.

Again, I read that awhile back so my memory is fuzzy on the details but it has been done.

RRTX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I've had zero problems with the 12" screen/Uconnect in my 2019 Power Wagon. My big complaint is the SiriusXM Guardian system that took the place of the previous Uconnect app setup. I had a 2017 Grand Cherokee before this and the app allowed me to see all sorts of vehicle information (tire pressures, oil life, mileage, etc.) as well as remote start/lock/unlock/etc. at a fairly reasonable subscription cost. Now for SiriusXM Guardian they want over $300 a year for me to simply be able to get a GPS location and use the remote start/lock/unlock features, it provides no vehicle information or anything else useful like that anymore. My wife Hyundai Kona that cost less than 1/3 of what this truck cost has an app with far more functionality that comes free for three years and then is only $99 a year after that.

pdavey

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 & 2019
Engine
5.7 & 6.4
I've had zero problems with the 12" screen/Uconnect in my 2019 Power Wagon. My big complaint is the SiriusXM Guardian system that took the place of the previous Uconnect app setup. I had a 2017 Grand Cherokee before this and the app allowed me to see all sorts of vehicle information (tire pressures, oil life, mileage, etc.) as well as remote start/lock/unlock/etc. at a fairly reasonable subscription cost. Now for SiriusXM Guardian they want over $300 a year for me to simply be able to get a GPS location and use the remote start/lock/unlock features, it provides no vehicle information or anything else useful like that anymore. My wife Hyundai Kona that cost less than 1/3 of what this truck cost has an app with far more functionality that comes free for three years and then is only $99 a year after that.
Completely agree although my Sirius XM Guardian doesn't even work because my cellular modem is still dead.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
My wife and I bought her a 2020 Ranger XLT last year. It came with SXM Guardian free for the life of the vehicle.

NorthernRockies

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I read of someone adding them to their steering wheel. Are there blanks on the back where the buttons would go (approximately 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock on the steering wheel)?

Don't quote me but IIRC the buttons weren't too hard to add and they started working once they were installed with no additional work, programming, etc.

Again, I read that awhile back so my memory is fuzzy on the details but it has been done.

No stereo buttons on the rear of the steering wheel on my 2018 SLT, but that would be a mod I'd be very interested in!

charcoal1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The maps is the biggest hassel. The update process is clunky and they are never current. You are paying for a newer version of what you have but still an old map. I cannot beleive on a 2015 the 8.4 can't run android auto. it also always takes me a different way than google maps, I don't knwo why. Also the XM reception is terrible driving around in a city with zero obstructions and it goes out all over town. Also in several of the same spots over and over again without a building around. Also as android moves away from sms to the "new" form of text message hands free does not work for messages, won't read the incoming messages any more. It's very user freindly but unfortunatly just falls short.