Uconnect issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RandyMarionCDJR

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Who all is having issues with their 19+ Uconnect system? If so, let us know what specifically is happening. Im going to turn this into our area manager and see if there is anything they can do to get it to the program techs. I have been seeing a few prominent issues with freezing up, not turning on, etc. Just want to make the higher ups aware if this is something that is common as these things do go under reported sometimes. Thanks for your help!

RebelHawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
'22 Hemi 5.7 eTourge
2022 1500 Bighorn eTorque. Ive had this for about 2 months now and twice the infotainment center hasn't powered on with engine start. Not sure what "fixes" it, tired restarting engine with and without opening the doors so it things we've gotten out, pressing power button with just ACC running without starting engine but nothing seems to work. Then it will suddenly power on.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Who all is having issues with their 19+ Uconnect system? If so, let us know what specifically is happening. Im going to turn this into our area manager and see if there is anything they can do to get it to the program techs. I have been seeing a few prominent issues with freezing up, not turning on, etc. Just want to make the higher ups aware if this is something that is common as these things do go under reported sometimes. Thanks for your help!
RAM told me they are working on many of these issues and that they have no estimate of when Uconnect will have an update or when it will be out, I've had problems 1 day after purchase my 2022, I have newest software version and have had radio freeze, antenna error etc...

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Wife's 21 Pacifica with uConnect 5 will not recognize more than 40 songs on a USB drive, even though there are 100's or 1000's of songs on it. Update fix was due in the 4th qtr of 21. Never happened.

CapeFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
My issue is wireless connecting CarPlay. One day I'll be connected soon after starting up. Then I'll lose the connection and have to delete my phone and attempt to set it up again. During the set up my iphone bluetooth setting will indicate I'm connected to Uconnect but no joy on the screen.

CapeFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
I spoke with Uconnect support. Apparently there is a known problem with connecting CarPlay wirelessly with iPhones running ios 15. Apple has acknowledged this and it will be corrected in a future update. The tech got me connected via USB cable for now.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Although i don't have a newer Ram & i don't use Smart phones, so i have no need for Uconnect by any of its several different names.

What i do wonder about, is how many of these Uconnect issues are due to Apples stubbornness to write backward compatible software, so that those Chrysler owner can enjoy Uconnect also.

Apple uses have been asking Apple to write software compatible patches to work with Uconnect since 2009

Apple comes out with new products every 6 months & they write new software with every product.

Uconnect just came out with Uconnect 5 & Chrysler owners will be working with it for several years
They can never keep up with Apple, so Apple has to work with its Chrysler owners.
It will continue to be an uphill battle.

Raharrin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
1) There is a certain area in town that when I drive past it, my uconnect will lose its wireless connection to my phone and after a few blocks it reconnects.

2) When driving (of course), sometimes my display when change from day mode to night mode. Seems to take a long time for it o refresh the display.

3) Why does it take so long for my usb drive to index? And it does it every time I start the vehicle.