uConnect System Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coloradan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'm not sure, but I'm guessing I'm not the only one having major problems with the new uConnect system in the 2013 Rams... My navigation freezes often, sometimes my system shuts completely off driving, volume sticks etc... I've taken my truck (2013 Ram 1500 Laramie) into the shop for updates etc and I still have problems so -- what did I do?

I traded my truck in for a 2013 Ram 3500 Dually Limited! The older system seems to work great so I'm happy with a less than adequate system and not the bugs. Smart? Probably not but it's okay, now I have a bigger truck to pull my 37' travel trailer with anyway.

BAILEY1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Dat Cummins!
I think almost everyone has had some kind of issue with the uconnect in the 2013's. I really hope someone chimes in with the info you need.

BigHorn453

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8
Have you updated the uconnect software in your radio since you bought your truck?

I had version 12.x software in mine when i bought it, and was noticing severe lag issues...

I updated mine to 13.19.0 with ease, and now its much much more responsive. All you need is a USB stick around 1gb.

Go to https://rsur.extra.chrysler.com/rsur/Uconnect.do

Enter your VIN and click the "do i qualify" button to see the available update.
Download it, if available, and follow the included instructions. So simple.

Hope this helps you out!!

tprice9427

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you updated the uconnect software in your radio since you bought your truck?

I had version 12.x software in mine when i bought it, and was noticing severe lag issues...

I updated mine to 13.19.0 with ease, and now its much much more responsive. All you need is a USB stick around 1gb.

The tech updated mine over the internet. I had problems connect to the store-which means i could not the full services of uconnect. It is working fine now. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
2013/Big Horn/V8 Hemi/3.55/SLT

theweekendrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1500 - Hemi
The tech updated mine over the internet. I had problems connect to the store-which means i could not the full services of uconnect. It is working fine now. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
2013/Big Horn/V8 Hemi/3.55/SLT

Did you call your local dealership and that is what started the conversation? My uConnect always says loading...

rut1095

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep, It has 1
Having same problem. Dealer told me I have to wait for a new update.

Cms_

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW 6.7 Cummins
Engine
6.7 Cummins

Thanks for the post!

theweekendrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1500 - Hemi

the uconnect team directed me to this site, but now they can not get it to work with my vin. ugh.

hatchet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I'm not sure, but I'm guessing I'm not the only one having major problems with the new uConnect system in the 2013 Rams... My navigation freezes often, sometimes my system shuts completely off driving, volume sticks etc... I've taken my truck (2013 Ram 1500 Laramie) into the shop for updates etc and I still have problems so -- what did I do?

I traded my truck in for a 2013 Ram 3500 Dually Limited! The older system seems to work great so I'm happy with a less than adequate system and not the bugs. Smart? Probably not but it's okay, now I have a bigger truck to pull my 37' travel trailer with anyway.

Does the 3500 still use the old system?

I was having similar problems connecting. It sounds like they did an update and fixed everything, I will get the truck back tomorrow.

Ormsbeef

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
iPhone 7 not compatible with UConnect 8.4

After a number of hours of setting, resetting, restarting, opening car doors for 30 seconds in 0 degree weather, and diagnostics, finally I learned that the iPhone 7 is not yet compatible with UConnect - according to Apple, UConnect hasn't updated their software yet.. Anyone else have this issue or have and idea when they might be updating?

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
After a number of hours of setting, resetting, restarting, opening car doors for 30 seconds in 0 degree weather, and diagnostics, finally I learned that the iPhone 7 is not yet compatible with UConnect - according to Apple, UConnect hasn't updated their software yet.. Anyone else have this issue or have and idea when they might be updating?

What are you trying to do??? Are you trying to use the uConnect App??? My iPhone 7 works great for Siri, incoming text notifications, Bluetooth, and phone calls. To send texts I just use the "Hey Siri" function to compose and send texts.

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
What are you trying to do??? Are you trying to use the uConnect App??? My iPhone 7 works great for Siri, incoming text notifications, Bluetooth, and phone calls. To send texts I just use the "Hey Siri" function to compose and send texts.

Correct. My iPhone 7+ works with the UConnect just the same as my 6+ did.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
my iphone 6 would not work properly with unconnect. I switched to android and everything works great with uconnect

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have both my work IPhone 5 and personal blackberry 10 connected with no issues, however on a trip about a month ago I tried to connect my wife's IPhone 6 but had no luck. Didn't have time to play around with it so not sure why it wouldn't connect.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My iPhone works fine. So does the lady's, in both the Ram and the Charger.

outlaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2014 Ram 1500 and I have the Uconnect 5.0 RA2. I have an iPhone 7 which I daily stream audio from to the truck. I have noticed that if my phone is in my pocket where I would normally have it in my other vehicle (2011 Toyota 4Runner) it will not stream properly and it is almost like it is getting a weak signal from less than two or three feet away. I can put my phone in my door pocket which is farther away from the radio and it works perfectly, and I can also put my phone in between my legs on the seat and it will work properly. My other vehicle had no issues with this I am not sure if less than 1/4 of an inch of clothing is really hindering the Bluetooth steaming that much. Does anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk