UConnect update?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Should we be concerned if we haven't received the update yet since Nov 3 is <2 weeks out?
I'm currently running UCONNECT_8.4AN_RA4_17.43.01_MY16_NAFTA...

Thats a good question but unfortunately I have no idea.

I kinda sorta wonder if not ALL of the affected vehicles actually need the 18.x update, but obviously no way to be sure until Nov 3.

FWIW Im in the same boat as you but with zero chance Ill get the OTA (swapped in an RA4 and now its completely non-existent according to Uconnect....I stopped getting the health emails and it stopped uploading my mileage to the Mopar dashboard)

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Should we be concerned if we haven't received the update yet since Nov 3 is <2 weeks out?
I'm currently running UCONNECT_8.4AN_RA4_17.43.01_MY16_NAFTA...

I received the email weeks ago but no update for me yet either. It is what it is I guess. Not much I can do about it since they have not made the update available for download.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As far as "at least we have smartphones" goes....I dont buy it :)

I swapped an RA4 in place of my original RA3 literally 1 week before getting the email about the required update coming. I didnt want the RA4 because of the NAV but now that Ive used it, I really would miss not having it.

Still hoping the file becomes officially downloadable....clearly there are plenty of vehicles that still havent gotten it yet.

snoty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As far as "at least we have smartphones" goes....I dont buy it :)

I swapped an RA4 in place of my original RA3 literally 1 week before getting the email about the required update coming. I didnt want the RA4 because of the NAV but now that Ive used it, I really would miss not having it.

Still hoping the file becomes officially downloadable....clearly there are plenty of vehicles that still havent gotten it yet.
I meant as a backup for the meantime. Not if it is indefinitely messed up.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I meant as a backup for the meantime. Not if it is indefinitely messed up.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Oh, gotcha.

Yeah I suppose *eventually* they might get to OTA every head unit. Still not sure about transplanted ones like myself.

OP
OP
vegaskiller73

vegaskiller73

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi vegaskiller73,
If you receive the pop up message again and are in need of additional assistance, we are available through private message.
Laura
Ram Cares

It has never came back. I am still at 17.11.17 software version.

I do have a service date on 10/24 for a fuel level sensor error, it has since started working again after filling tank. Now they will have to fight a full tank of fuel instead of 1/2 tank.

Also have recall on tailgate latch that needs to be taken care of.

I will mention the update also.

TIA

snoty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It has never came back. I am still at 17.11.17 software version.

I do have a service date on 10/24 for a fuel level sensor error, it has since started working again after filling tank. Now they will have to fight a full tank of fuel instead of 1/2 tank.

Also have recall on tailgate latch that needs to be taken care of.

I will mention the update also.

TIA
Good luck [emoji1696] please let us know how it goes.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Schedule time to update popped up last night so i set it a couple minutes a head, came out this morning and im still on 17.x.xxxx

Last edited:
OP
OP
vegaskiller73

vegaskiller73

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good luck [emoji1696] please let us know how it goes.

Well, I talked to the service person at the dealership. They would most likely charge to do the manual update. Told her to forget about it then. It ain't that big of a deal.
She did mention many have locked up, some even screwed up the deck that there was internal errors and FCA would not cover the replacement. UConnect would get involved and "sometimes" they would replace the head unit.
She also said that many were advised to schedule the update late in that evening, allowing the update to run many hours versus a few hours. Those seem to have worked well.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, I talked to the service person at the dealership. They would most likely charge to do the manual update. Told her to forget about it then. It ain't that big of a deal.
She did mention many have locked up, some even screwed up the deck that there was internal errors and FCA would not cover the replacement. UConnect would get involved and "sometimes" they would replace the head unit.
She also said that many were advised to schedule the update late in that evening, allowing the update to run many hours versus a few hours. Those seem to have worked well.

Figures.

"We're going to charge you to eff your stuff up. If you choose not to pay, your stuff wont get effed up, but it might stop working anyway without the update that we're going to charge for that might eff your stuff up."

Seriously, UConnect needs to go away and FCA needs to step up and actually be helpful for a change instead of telling people SorryNotSorry.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They have no faith in the update and are likely being lazy...

I think the update itself actually works OK, its just that their download/installation/distribution process is a huge POS.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone found a way to force the OTA to show up? I had it popup once, and I scheduled it for a later time but it never installed. Its been over a week now and I haven't seen it pop back up. I tried pulling the radio fuse (left it out over 2 hours) and while it wiped out my radio stations at first, they all came back within a minute or so. Maybe I'll try pulling the battery..

I hope I can get this installed.. I'm driving from NC to Florida and back the first week of November and don't need the NAV spazzing out on me..

Make sure U got yer Phone and some type of Mapping: Whether Google/Waze, wateva just in case. I use AppleCarPLay since got a MY 19 4C no NAV, and I also carry my old *** Garmin also. I just update it prior to going ne where, as that is my backup to the backup- (phone)...

ADDED: having a Non-Nav 4C radio, and no 911/U connect stuff is a blessing, LOL. AppleCar Play wala...................................

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the OEM 2016 RA3 unit PN 68249986AI that I paid to unlock the nav. Its been working fine except it tells me I'm I've reached my home destination about a mile before I actually get there.

A couple days ago I saw the update pop up as I started the truck and scheduled it for about 1 AM. Next day got same pop up and scheduled it for 2AM. Next day got same popup. Scheduled it for 5 minutes later than current time. Turned Truck off and waited 15 minutes. Popup was gone when I started back up, and hasn't returned. But as others have mentioned, the previous software version was 17.11.07 and after the update it remained 17.11.07. I'm guessing because it was a firmware version push, and not a software update.... but should I worry? I guess I may find out November 2nd :)

I don't seem to see much talk about the older 730N RHR nav radio, does anyone here know if it also has the GPS roll over issue?

snoty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I finally got the schedule update notification on Friday and had it run that evening. On Saturday I checked and it is now on 18.43...