Under-hood lighting installed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Cillys

Cillys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know. I wanted OEM tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pjcodner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Just the other day I was changing the oil in the truck and I saw that plug. Had no idea what it was for now I do. I also said to myself it would be nice to have a light under here.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Given how easy it was to add OEM footwell lighting to my 2017 Ram 1500 express, I'm thinking about adding the hood light too. Dumb question, but what triggers the under hood light to turn on/off? Is there a mercury switch of sorts in the light fixture itself?

NormB

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500 SLT
Engine
Cummins 6.7L TD
OP
OP
Cillys

Cillys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Given how easy it was to add OEM footwell lighting to my 2017 Ram 1500 express, I'm thinking about adding the hood light too. Dumb question, but what triggers the under hood light to turn on/off? Is there a mercury switch of sorts in the light fixture itself?

It's a ball bearing inside that completes the circuit

OP
OP
Cillys

Cillys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OP
OP
Cillys

Cillys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I also upgraded my under hood light with the "twisted" led, big difference and no heat build up.

Ordered mine yesterday from amazon. The bulbs that is

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got one of those twisted led bulbs on order too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did the underhood light along with replacing the bulb with one of these: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B073VFDFN7/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

VERY bright. Worth the price of admission.

Got the jeep footwell lamp housings, will plan on installing this week.

Anyone know what those wires at the sides of the rear bench seat bottom brackets are for? Extra lighting?
They make lights that mount to the underside of the bench seats. Not sure how effective they are in a quad cab because the seat bottom is so "shallow" but my QC has the connectors.

I know people have been able to find the part number for the wiring, light and "cover" you see on the outside but I don't think anyone has ever confirmed what is necessary inside the seat cushion for them to mount to

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Deleted

Need to pay better attention lol

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When I ordered mine, the dealer I get my OE stuff from ordered it as a “recall” kit and sold it to me. I paid like $10 for mine. And it came with the glove box light.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I ordered mine, the dealer I get my OE stuff from ordered it as a “recall” kit and sold it to me. I paid like $10 for mine. And it came with the glove box light.

Are you talking about the the actual glove box, or the cubby hole up top that has the latched lid on the higher ended trucks? I’m pretty sure I have a light in the lower glove box but come to think of it, I don’t recall if I have one in the top box.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are you talking about the the actual glove box, or the cubby hole up top that has the latched lid on the higher ended trucks? I’m pretty sure I have a light in the lower glove box but come to think of it, I don’t recall if I have one in the top box.

The light is supposed to go in the upper glove box for the higher end trucks instead of the cubby. I actually bought everything to convert mine to the upper glove box, just havent decided if I really want it. I do like the cubby.