unwanted swimming pool

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jib88fer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the stock HEMI bed liner. While nice, If i am parked downhill during a rainstorm, the bed fills with water. Other than remembering to park uphill, what mods have been done to combat this? Has anyone put in drain holes, or did Dodge put some in the steel bed I can connect to? I don't want water under the bedliner...

1quick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You would think RAM would of thought of this considering that water would pool up regardless of the bed liner or not.

On a related note, since I have a bed rug in mine, once a year or so I take everything out of the back and the bed rug and run it through the car wash and let it completely dry.

*edit* just realized 3rd gen section.

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Step 1: Remove ****** plastic bedliner.
Step 2: Be amazed at how that ****** plastic bedliner destroys the bed of the truck.
Step 3: Take it to Rhino or LineX for a spray in beliner that maintains the factory drain holes in the bed already (both front corners and the center, by the cab).
Step 4: Be amazed at how much nicer your bed looks and is to work with with a spray in liner and without that ****** plastic bedliner in there.

Alternate to Step3: DIY Herculiner or some other type of spray in bedliner.

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep remove and lineX that **** and then ask yourself why u haven’t removed the plastic liner sooner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I have the stock HEMI bed liner. While nice, If i am parked downhill during a rainstorm, the bed fills with water. Other than remembering to park uphill, what mods have been done to combat this? Has anyone put in drain holes, or did Dodge put some in the steel bed I can connect to? I don't want water under the bedliner...
Tonneau cover. Mic drop.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
All of the above.

THEN.....

Get rid of the $300 tonneau, spend $3K on a matching topper and be EVEN MORE AMAZED at how much more dry and clean your bed stays. Double mic drop.

IMG_4206.JPG

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
All of the above.

THEN.....

Get rid of the $300 tonneau, spend $3K on a matching topper and be EVEN MORE AMAZED at how much more dry and clean your bed stays. Double mic drop.

View attachment 119743

pull out onto road and floor it, rinse out bed and wash road in front of your house all at once, Triple mic drop...

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
There is factory drain holes in the front of the bed under the cover, but the aren't very big. Just slots so I'd cut a couple slots on the front. Of the liner about where the factory drain holes are to get the water out and never get a drop in bed liner again as they do more harm than good. They prevent dents, but they wear the paint off and cause rust.