V6 Gas Engines?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tap4154

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
I've never really had an issue with mine, up until I started having issues :banghead: Now, here's a good question, can I request they see if my computer has any updates for it....if that's a thing....and have them flash the new update while it's there?

My dealer checks to make sure it has all the software updates when I take it in, so yes, just do it all at once. Also a small fix for the tailgate latch, a little rubber bumper should be installed (2 minute job) if you haven't had that done.

That_CAT_Guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My dealer checks to make sure it has all the software updates when I take it in, so yes, just do it all at once. Also a small fix for the tailgate latch, a little rubber bumper should be installed (2 minute job) if you haven't had that done.
Already did that myself when I did my tailgate assist

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
My local dealer finally changed-out my 2018 filler tube to the new one under warranty a few weeks ago, and it fills fine now. No cutoffs, and not getting stuck like it was. If you're still under 36K miles go in and demand they replace yours. And don't let them play dumb, they KNOW it's an issue on 2015 and 2019 Rams.

Did they give you an invoice with the replacement number, my 2018 is terrible too.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
My local dealer finally changed-out my 2018 filler tube to the new one under warranty a few weeks ago, and it fills fine now. No cutoffs, and not getting stuck like it was. If you're still under 36K miles go in and demand they replace yours. And don't let them play dumb, they KNOW it's an issue on 2015 and 2019 Rams.
What issue is this?

Edit: disregard, I read the Service notes...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
It would be great to have a V6 Pentastar specific thread here. All the content in this forum I read is good, but I have to continually surf through to find V6 Pentastar specific info.
If you build it they will come...

OP
OP
El Huapo

El Huapo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4X4 Warlock 1500 Classic DS w/3.55 LSD
Engine
V6 flex
When you buy a ram you know you're going to have to compromise. If you buy the v6 you'll get great reliability but a truck that can barely get out of it's own way. If you get the 5.7 hemi you'll have a great fast truck but one that will undoubtedly experience high mileage issues, minor or major

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

"Barely get out of its own way"???? The truck I replaced was a 2001 Off-Road version Dodge single-cab short bed with the 5.9 Gas engine and 4.10 gears. It was a very good truck, but this new V6 Warlock QC is stronger and faster than the old guy and gets an average of 19mpg's every day vs the old truck's 11 to 12 mpg's. And yes, the 8-speed is a major player in that improvement, but that's the package. This new truck is a higher-revving machine, not a down and dirty low-end torquer, but the 4.71 first gear lets me haul gravel and tow my loaded car trailer around these hills just fine with good take off from the stop signs. It has the 3.55 gears and LSD and will easily burn the tires if I get a little too aggressive with it empty. I'm sure the hemi's would outrun it, yes, but I wanted a simple setup, no MDS, no E-torque, 'cause that's just me. I sold my old truck because I'm tired of wrenching, but I have read some of the other websites showing the rocker arms on these engines having needle bearings that give out, so I wondered if enough people would interested in a strictly V6 thread (if that's the right term), to share successes or failures, thanks all. :Caffeine:

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
"Barely get out of its own way"???? The truck I replaced was a 2001 Off-Road version Dodge single-cab short bed with the 5.9 Gas engine and 4.10 gears. It was a very good truck, but this new V6 Warlock QC is stronger and faster than the old guy and gets an average of 19mpg's every day vs the old truck's 11 to 12 mpg's. And yes, the 8-speed is a major player in that improvement, but that's the package. This new truck is a higher-revving machine, not a down and dirty low-end torquer, but the 4.71 first gear lets me haul gravel and tow my loaded car trailer around these hills just fine with good take off from the stop signs. It has the 3.55 gears and LSD and will easily burn the tires if I get a little too aggressive with it empty. I'm sure the hemi's would outrun it, yes, but I wanted a simple setup, no MDS, no E-torque, 'cause that's just me. I sold my old truck because I'm tired of wrenching, but I have read some of the other websites showing the rocker arms on these engines having needle bearings that give out, so I wondered if enough people would interested in a strictly V6 thread (if that's the right term), to share successes or failures, thanks all. :Caffeine:
That's how I felt coming from a 99 Sport 5.2L...I was kinda amazed at what they could do with the 3.6 in a full sized truck.

Richg87

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock
Engine
V6 Pentastar
I’m very happy with the performance of my V6. I do a lot of highway miles and it moves. Gas mileage is great and way better than my Honda Ridgeline. Rarely tow. For me it’s perfect. If I need the performance of a V8 I take my vette out.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Not sure where to post this question but I see various special topics on Eco-diesels, Heavy-duty, etc. but I haven't found any ?Forum? if that's the right term? made especially for the gasoline V6 engines. Is it in there somewhere and I haven't found it? Please enlighten me if so.
Would such a forum be of interest to anyone else? I started looking for one after reading so many posts about valve/lifter troubles on the hemi engines and began to search to see if my truck had a similar setup to watch out for. It seems not to be a similar valve train to the hemi's in my 3.6 V6, I think I like that.

Anyway, what do the rest of you think of a specialized V6 question and answer area in here?

I 50/50 qualify for this. My main daily driver, a 2013 RAM 1500 with a 4.7, needs a new Torque Converter at 451K, so i’m now daily driving a 2016 Chrysler 300 with the 3.6L/845RE.

To get you up to spec on the 3.6, (don’t know if you know this or not), But the 3.6 was “redesigned” in 2016, which included variable valve lift, higher compression ratio, redesigned cylinder heads, etc.

In general they’re very reliable engines, My 300 has just under 100K on her and she is still buttery smooth.

Sent from my iPhone XS Max in my 2013 Magnum 4.7L V8

OP
OP
El Huapo

El Huapo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 flex
I 50/50 qualify for this. My main daily driver, a 2013 RAM 1500 with a 4.7, needs a new Torque Converter at 451K, so i’m now daily driving a 2016 Chrysler 300 with the 3.6L/845RE.

To get you up to spec on the 3.6, (don’t know if you know this or not), But the 3.6 was “redesigned” in 2016, which included variable valve lift, higher compression ratio, redesigned cylinder heads, etc.

In general they’re very reliable engines, My 300 has just under 100K on her and she is still buttery smooth.

Wow, 451K? That's great, you must have taken good care of that baby. And no, I don't have a lot of knowledge about my V6. I saw a post that said it was all Aluminum, which I didn't know either. I did know about the VVT system, just like in my BMW Z4 and it works great and helps produce much more power than the old static timed cam systems. I bought this one because it looked like the simplest arrangement out there for a full-size truck and had a better interior and ride than I had ever seen in a truck---plus a monster discount helped, heh. Thanks for your input.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Wow, 451K? That's great, you must have taken good care of that baby. And no, I don't have a lot of knowledge about my V6. I saw a post that said it was all Aluminum, which I didn't know either. I did know about the VVT system, just like in my BMW Z4 and it works great and helps produce much more power than the old static timed cam systems. I bought this one because it looked like the simplest arrangement out there for a full-size truck and had a better interior and ride than I had ever seen in a truck---plus a monster discount helped, heh. Thanks for your input.

You’re welcome! and yes, the 4.7 was taken care of meticulously.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I can't. It would take a moderator, I presume, to initiate a new permanent thread for the Pentastar V6.

Mods? Can we have one? Thanks.
You may be interested in this site...

https://pentastarv6performance.com/2011-2020-ram

Haas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

What is LSD?

OP
OP
El Huapo

El Huapo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 flex