Vibration issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seth Richards

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 l Hemi
My 2019 1500 classic just got new tires about a month ago. Im close to 1000 miles on the new tires (Michelin defenders). Truck has just over 31k miles on it. I just went on a camping trip and noticed a vibration/ bounce when hitting freeway speeds. At first I thought it might be because we were loaded up with camping gear, 4 bike rack and a full of people (5 of us). But we are home now and I made a local drive yeserday with an empty bed and just me in the cab and felt the bounce again when I was getting up to 50-55 mph on a country road. On the long trip I felt it early in the trip when we first got on the road and then every once in while after that. Im not sure if I got used to it and didnt notice it or if it actually got better or stopped. Im considering taking it to the dealership near me since its still under warranty but am worried they wont find anything (I've had that happen too many times in the past with different vehicles) and then charge me for looking at it and not finding anything.

Anyone else experience this and were you able to figure out the issue? Any suggestions appreciated.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Rebalance is needed.

Irishthreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Bounce thru that speed range is a balance issue, as the guys above said. A weight probably dislodged.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Bring your rear tires to the front, if the vibration stops it's the balance, you can't get quality balance on wheels anymore really sucks ....

You can also check to see how much weight is on the tires, you always want the whee/tires with the less weight on the front but that is not always possible since we rotate our tires right ?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
The dealerships have one of the top Wheel Balance Machines ever made.

They just won't send anyone to the Hunter Road Force Balance Machines 2 day training course

so no one is qualified to balance tires there, not even the Custodian

I go to Discount Tire to get my tires balanced, they also have the Hunter machine

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Seth, my 2019 classic crew cab SLT 4x4 does the same thing. It has since I bought it used in 2020 with 15k miles on it.

I have another set of OEM ram 1500 Goodyears on OEM steelies. Same vib between 55-60mph.

Tried new tires on the OEM aluminum wheels that came with the truck. Starfire 265/70/17s (Cooper). Same. Even after a rebalance. I've never tried having a hunter road force balance done.

I don't know if it's dumb luck and I have wheel runout on both sets of OEM wheels, shoddy balancing, etc.

Tires always wear evenly.

Keep us posted.