Wanting aftermarket muffler don't know what I want

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just bought a new ram bighorn couple months ago and really wanting to swap mufflers on it. All my past trucks have been straight piped and was plenty loud but I want something loud with out the mds drone , my buddy has a mbrp on his ram and it isn't quite loud enough for me so any ideas ??

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you want something loud, flowmaster 10 or 40. Cherrybomb extreme sounds awesome too, YouTube will be your friend in your decision making...

skirider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I got the muflex 14 which i believe is a magnaflow retrofitted. It sounds good and could be louder. At highway its not even noticeable really when cruising. The drone can be kinda annoying though dependinding on speed and gear your in when mds kicks in. I ussually turn mds off by shifter on my truck.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I had bad drone around 110-115 km/h with both my flowmaster 10 and MagnaFlow 14" mufflers. Also towing they drove me nuts! Lol. I have an MBRP now and love it! The flowmaster 10 series did drone less than the maggy though!

OP
OP
A

Austin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the replys im new to this forum still figuring it out lol but I was looking at the magnaflows and seen the vids of them some videos make them sound perfect then others make them sound just a hair over factory then I hear people saying u lose power with certain mufflers I don't see how .... My trucks set up is 8 speed auto with 3.21s

OP
OP
A

Austin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone lost any power from a flowmaster Iv read on line where some people have idk if that's true or not

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Ive had the Flowmaster, but now have the Magnaflow...Magnaflow sounds 10x better.

Darkflow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well if your looking to gain power. You don't want Flowmasters. They sound good but don't flow well. I have Dynomax bullets that are decent but they are quieter then my bosses Ram with Flowmasters. They may not be what you want.... might look into Borla XR1's.

pld

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Ive had the Flowmaster, but now have the Magnaflow...Magnaflow sounds 10x better.

Your opinion and my opinion is Flowmaster super 44 sounds 10x better than the 14" Magnaflow I use to have.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Your opinion and my opinion is Flowmaster super 44 sounds 10x better than the 14" Magnaflow I use to have.

Lucky we all have a born right to opinions, to me white trucks are better than black :D

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
This is why I laugh at exhaust threads. I get people every week that tell me an 18" Magnaflow is too quiet, and then a day later someone is complaining about why that same muffler is just way too loud. Any exhaust work is just a roll of the dice unless you are able to hear it in person. I am another one that much prefers the sound of Magnaflow mufflers over Flowmaster, but there are tons of people that feel the exact opposite. Try to hear one in person before making your decision. Online videos are fun to watch, but different angles and cameras will make each 1 sound different from the next.

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
I am partial to the Borla XR1! I have the SS Y-Pipe! Just waiting on the Borla!

2013 RAM 1500 Hemi with Borla XR-1 Sportsman Muffler - YouTube

I really like the sound of it.

I will leave the Kats on as well as the Resonators! Just like this video.

Moes New 5" Tips just might make it sound that much better! Something to think about!

Last edited:

Exhausted

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the bolt in flowmaster 50series HD and really like it
I think the magnaflow would sound more "refined" I might be switching next summer to the 18"
But the piece I have from flowmaster is really well built

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My cousin helped me weld this up last Saturday. Loving the sound. Occasionally mds is annoying but it's only at certain lower speeds. Mds sounds fine at freeway speeds, and if just driving around town, I manually shift down then back up to disable mds on the 8 speed.
picture.php

Last edited:

Talon_66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I really liked my AeroTurbine, but the drone got to me after a while.
Currently running a 22" Magnaflow... I really want to try a Spintech

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
I've had....
Flowmaster 44 liked it ok
Flowmaster race true duals lt was ok
Mufflex delete loved it
After long tube install
Magnaflow 22 hated it
Magna flow true duals sounds ok.
My favorite of all was the Mufflex delete but with the long tubes it was just to much.