Water leak Fixed- now to replace the moldy area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GRowland

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
So like many, I had water leaking into the rear of my 2018 Ram1500 Crew. The storage areas under the seats would have standing water at times. So, I replaced the easiest thing first- the seal around the 3rd brake light. Assuming this is the fix for me - it hasn't rained again and I haven't tested it with a garden hose yet - where do I find that molded floor felt (mine is moldy) that runs from the back cab wall and ends with the under-seat storage areas? I cant seem to find a part # for that - can someone point me in the right direction?

OP
OP
G

GRowland

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
Disregard - I found the Mopar part #- it's 68245835ac for those of you that might need to replace this piece

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Disregard - I found the Mopar part #- it's 68245835ac for those of you that might need to replace this piece
If you're going to tear it out have you considered something like mold armor? It kills and cleans mold (smells like bleach though so not sure if it will change the carpet color). Could be a cheap experiment to possibly save money? You're going to want to treat under the carpet anyway...

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you're going to tear it out have you considered something like mold armor? It kills and cleans mold (smells like bleach though so not sure if it will change the carpet color). Could be a cheap experiment to possibly save money? You're going to want to treat under the carpet anyway...
Chlorine doesn't kill mold down to the root. This means the mold will regrow. White vinegar DOES kill mold down to the root. The other bad problem is the mold spores left behind that cause nasal inflammation, and other maladies.

On My 2002 Blazer, I treated the interior with an ozone generator. It is a small one for small spaces. It is rated for up to a bedroom in a house.

It works very well, but still leaves behind spores. THOSE have to be vacuumed up with a HEPA filtered vacuum cleaner. Also, the sunshine kills mold if the interior is disassembled and spread out in the yard.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Chlorine doesn't kill mold down to the root. This means the mold will regrow. White vinegar DOES kill mold down to the root. The other bad problem is the mold spores left behind that cause nasal inflammation, and other maladies.

On My 2002 Blazer, I treated the interior with an ozone generator. It is a small one for small spaces. It is rated for up to a bedroom in a house.

It works very well, but still leaves behind spores. THOSE have to be vacuumed up with a HEPA filtered vacuum cleaner. Also, the sunshine kills mold if the interior is disassembled and spread out in the yard.
Fair enough...This is the product I was referring too https://www.moldarmor.com/product/mold-armor-rapid-clean-remediation-32oz-spray-bottle/

It says it cleans and prevents but the main ingredient is chlorine and it's meant for cleaning solid surfaces. I was mainly getting at the point that after the carpet comes up you'll need to treat it so you don't ruin the new carpet but if he wanted to test on the synthetic carpet fibers this product might clean it without bleaching it and save him the cost of new carpet.

Personally if I had this issue I'd be looking into swapping for the OEM vinyl floors if I couldn't salvage the carpet. To me carpet in cars is silly and many immediately cover them with rubber floor liners anyway.

RamHemi14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Does any one know the part number for the cab vents? I've also got water in my rear storage area and its not the 3rd brake light.