Well I am an Idiot!! haha

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Theck4291

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum V8
OK. So I bought this 1998 standard cab long bed ram 1500. Paid $500, bought it solely for the taillights to use on my 99 Ram. Really nice taillights, and I considered keeping the trans and rebuilding it for mine(gonna use a different trans from a 99 2500 I bought to rebuild instead). Going to part out the rest, and the 5.9 motor was worth the $500 alone, so no brainer.

Here is the important part, and where I am an idiot. Front passenger side was basically on the ground, tire kicked way out at an angle. I thought wheel hub, similar happened about 5 years ago to me, but guy told me it was a broken lower control arm. ok cool, didnt think anything of it and put it on my property until I got around to it...

Well, had a guy tell me he wants to buy everything BUT the cab and bed, and we agreed on a $2k pricetag.... I go out there to replace the lower control arm , and I'm like wait a minute, this doesn't sound right... i look at it, and the only friggin thing wrong with it is the studs were sheared off... Idiot probably didnt tighten the lugs enough, and slammed on the breaks and sheared them off.... There isn't even a friggin lower control arm, you idiot!!!! I'm the idiot lol

Anyways, gotta pull the bed, only like 8 bolts, and then the cab.. hopefully I can get it all pulled relatively quickly.