What’s your honest opinion on the new 2019 look?

Like or Dislike the new look?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turncoat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I freaking love the 19’s. Kinda wish I hadn’t gotten the 18 the more I see them on the road. I think they are the best looking truck out now and I’m a huge Ford fan.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I have seen a few now and really do not care for them, but I never like the toyotas either..

I will say as much as I dislike the new Ram the new chevys look even worse.. lol

Luckily my 16 should last me for 10 to 15 years so it dont matter...

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
I dunno... I prefer the crosshair grille, the 4th-gen prices are far more affordable, and so that's where I went a month ago when I bought mine.

As far as the interior goodies? To be honest, I don't need any distractions while I'm navigating roads like this on my twice-weekly commute into the office, so the bells and whistles are something that I need to keep to a minimum (which is why I like the uConnect 5 rigging instead of the bigger 8.1, let alone the really massive stuff coming out nowadays.)

Performance improvements? I'll take 'em, but I'm not going to drop $15-25k more than I paid on the one I have now to get 'em...

--

I guess that eventually, maybe 5-6 years off, I'll get something nicer and newer, but for now, I'm doing just fine with what I got :)

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The Rebel has the nicest grill and the interior is much better than the 4th gen.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Heyyyyy who moved this to the 4th gen side. Take that back to 5th gen. :bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh:

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
The 19's look nice, but I do not yearn for one. Even if the new HD's were out in that style and a "classic" current 4th Gen was being sold, it would come down to pricing winning my business.

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've seen more than one in person and they're nice. But, not enough nice to have made me purchase one at a premium over what I got my 2017 Laramie for in April. Besides, I put dogs in my truck and no way would they ever see the insides of a new 2019 Limited.

Gwerner74

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Love the interior, especially the cluster and steering wheel. The exterior, not so much my taste.

OP
OP
X

xACRx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Admittedly they’re growing on me. The more and more guys doing levels/wheels/tires make them more appealing and I think the colormatched ones look good and don’t stick out like the chrome bumpers/grills do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I’m starting to feel the same way.

OP
OP
X

xACRx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Heyyyyy who moved this to the 4th gen side. Take that back to 5th gen. :bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh:
Hey everyone! I started this thread and first off I want to apologize to all current 5th gen owners if I offended anyone with the posting of this thread. My intention was to get feedback on current or non Ram owners, but of course it was not suppose to be directed at 5th gen owners. If you bought a 2019 Ram, of course you love your truck! When I posted it in 5th gen, I wasn’t thinking and it appeared that I came to bash on 5th gen owners. Maybe I didn’t word my post with the best of words and maybe the thread should of been started in 4th gen. I am a huge Ram fan and loved the (3) 2nd gen that I had. I then owned (1) 4th gen and loved it even more. I had high expectations on the 5th gen, but then the love fell short and I was disappointed on the look of the truck. I never felt that way with the 2nd or 4th gen. The 5th gen is slowly growing on me, but only with colored coded (Sport) look. I just don’t like how the chrome looks on the new truck. I know some members were trying to poke fun of me stating I been here for 5 years and never posted until now. Again, I am sorry for that and ask all 5th gen owners please accept my apologies. I had requested this thread to be moved over to 4th gen where I deem to be more appropriate. I had no idea this thread would blow up as it did! Peace

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
^^^. No worries and I appreciate the fact that you felt the need to make things right. To me I liked all year Rams, but in this case I needed bigger and the 5th gen afforded me that. I would love to swap out my new Accord and replace it with a 4th generation for my wife, yet have no need for two trucks lol.

Again no harm no foul in my mind . :)

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I like the look of them overall, but that big section below the headlights is still a bit off to me. Interior wise I much prefer the new one as long as it doesn't have the 12" screen. Not sure I like the new centre console. Flat floor in the back is nice especially for a person sitting in the middle seat. Also from the ones I've seen the fit and finish has improved.

Can Water Geo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The new look is growing on me. Still think that the grille and headlights can be improved a little bit though. Otherwise it's a fantastic looking truck.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I’m feeling after owning this for a little bit, that any part I have a problem with can be addressed. I wasn’t feeling all of the badging , so I downsized them. Too much chrome, swapped to black. Too low, added a oem lift and will add new wheels & tires. My point is whatever short comings I’ve had with any of my vehicles, I’ve changed to suit solely my taste.

Now again for me, I love challenges on a cosmetic level. :)

Eestee70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
There’s one thing that stood out to me that I didn’t like about the appearance, this may have been brought up already, I looked at all of the trucks and they all have it. The panel below the headlight extends past the bumper making the bumper look pushed in. I can stick my hand through it. Design flaw?

961077B4-B79F-4B0F-85AD-5A8871885062.jpeg

OP
OP
X

xACRx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
There’s one thing that stood out to me that I didn’t like about the appearance, this may have been brought up already, I looked at all of the trucks and they all have it. The panel below the headlight extends past the bumper making the bumper look pushed in. I can stick my hand through it. Design flaw?

View attachment 135580
I heard other people complain about the bumper as well.

Eestee70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I heard other people complain about the bumper as well.
When I first saw it I said looks like someone was in a fender bender, but after looking at it I saw that it was made like that. Not the thought I want coming to mind when I see a new vehicle design. Beautiful truck though

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Funny, when I said the new 19's remind me of a tundra, everyone said I was crazy..................maybe not so much eh ?

The main things I don't like about them is the front end and the hood badge.........altho the photo-shopped ones with no unibrow do look better.

The reason they do so well in the polls, is because they look like the toyotas & chevies that most who were polled drive........of course they will like what looks like theirs........

OP
OP
X

xACRx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Funny, when I said the new 19's remind me of a tundra, everyone said I was crazy..................maybe not so much eh ?

The main things I don't like about them is the front end and the hood badge.........altho the photo-shopped ones with no unibrow do look better.

The reason they do so well in the polls, is because they look like the toyotas & chevies that most who were polled drive........of course they will like what looks like theirs........
Well on this forum in this thread, I don’t consider 60% who voted “like the new look” as doing well. I have read much other dislikes in other places as well. I will actually be surprised if the new Ram wins truck of the year for 2019.