What did you do to/with your second gen today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LukeGirard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum V8
At 3" you need CA's yes. They don't make any for less than 3" of lift though as the difference is minimal. HOWEVER, LukeGirard has a 2wd :)
Sadly this is true =( I need the lift so my 33" don't rub and it'll finally stop nose diving.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

NightMares

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Been a bit since I've posted here.

Updates on my truck for those who refuse to follow my build thread.

Trail rack is installed on the TireGate. Looks wicked.
Replaced the timing cover last weekend for the second time in 6 months thank's to OhReallly's part failing.
And I've ordered a whole mess of ****: DOR steering, DOR adjustable arms, DOR 7" Progressive springs, Fox 2.0 Remote Reservoir's with DSC adjusters, Fox ATS steering stabilizer, Smittybilt Defender 9'x5' roof rack, Smittybilt overland tent and annex, ARB 2000 awning and mosquito room (for passenger side of camper shell), Smittybilt hawse fairlead light mount, Rigid 10" single row light bar, a spare 37x12.50x17 Wrangler MT/R, another pair of 9" high intensity LED lights, some Rigid flush mount diffused SR-M2's, Android double din touchscreen stereo, a new dash bezel that I'm going to customize for the double din stereo, and I'm sure a bunch of other **** that I'm not thinking of.

But yeah. Fun stuff.

Truck looks ******* still. Need's add-a-leafs in the back as all the weight is finally causing it to drag ass...******* hard. My brother's 2000 with just add-a-leafs stands taller in the back than my truck with a 5" shackle flip.

20160707_202842_HDR_zpsafdterod.jpg

20160707_202625_HDR_zps9cqstuki.jpg

Also random update non truck related. I found a new job as an electrical apprentice, talked to my boss who didn't seem to try too hard to talk me out of taking the job. So I put my 2 week notice in, planned on starting the new job on the 18th of this month. Well, we had one of the shop guys put his notice in that he's leaving at the end of this month as his family can't afford home care for his father, so he's relocating to live with his dad who got him a job at a local boat shop, and another guy in the shop also put his notice back in as he's re-enlisting in the Army and going back to that. So, that leaves my current work 2 guys down at the shop....so instead of trying to get me to stay working at the store, I'm now instead switching up and I took the job offer to relocate to our shop and be a technician instead of a salesman, pay raise included matching the increase I would have gotten from the new job.

So in turn I got my boss to hire my little brother to replace me with at the store haha. He started yesterday.

20160708_133549_HDR_zpsj9rtq0pj.jpg

Last edited:

mitchbowers

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996 2500 5-speed, soon to be leveled on 33's
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Been a bit since I've posted here.

Updates on my truck for those who refuse to follow my build thread.

[/IMG]

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

LukeGirard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum V8
Installing my new ABS/Speed tonight after class. And picking up 2 used tires tomorrow so I can replace the one that already died (was free Oh well) and so I'll have a 33" spare and not a 30" spare. Hopefully my lift comes in Monday so I can install it next week when I have some free time.

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
A man's drive way right here....... iv got to many lol
a0a6c6ee797f7c509c5dde5163667f62.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

BlackMagnum2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Congrats more money wasted on maintaining them. Jk. I'm actually in the process of trying to get a 12v to put in my 96 lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Man those diesels are fasttt. And 20+ mpg is nice lol. Trying to figure out what I wanna do with the 02 gas burner. She's mine now

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Man those diesels are fasttt. And 20+ mpg is nice lol. Trying to figure out what I wanna do with the 02 gas burner. She's mine now

Drop the back and 4BT swap it. lol Narrow mud tires, yo!

Oh, forgot, when driving into town to eat I came across my trucks buff brother, a 00-02 2500 Cummins. Flame Red, moose mirrors the whole bit. He and I kinda held up traffic for a good two miles just to **** with people. haha

LukeGirard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum V8
Last night I changed my ABS/Speed sensor and my abs finally started working! Sadly it broke like .2 seconds later. The break cylinder in the driver's side drum broke and leaked everywhere. So now I have to rebuild both my drums before I can drive it again. When it rains it pours.
43deecaef06a85ffb5e15ee31c9cf49d.jpg

joepizuro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum v10
Last night I changed my ABS/Speed sensor and my abs finally started working! Sadly it broke like .2 seconds later. The break cylinder in the driver's side drum broke and leaked everywhere. So now I have to rebuild both my drums before I can drive it again. When it rains it pours.
43deecaef06a85ffb5e15ee31c9cf49d.jpg

2 minute job lol

LukeGirard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum V8
I'd just throw new wheel cylinders in and run it until winter. Too nice out
I would but the pads are shot. Like metal. And what is winter? I live in SoCal lol. It doesn't get snow or rain here but it gets cold and windy. But not too cold.

LukeGirard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum V8
The list has grown! Today after work I'm rebuilding my rear drums, installing my 3" lift in the front, and all new shocks. It's going to be a long evening. I can't wait to see how it looks with the lift!