What did you do to/with your second gen today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Lolol. True but not everyone can afford new axles. Also if you do axle swap you have to get a new lift too, correct?

lol It's only more expensive if you don't break things on the D44.

And that would be incorrect.

BlackMagnum2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
lol It's only more expensive if you don't break things on the D44.

And that would be incorrect.

I have yet to break anything on mine.
Also would the swap raise a truck any? I really want to but my truck can't get any higher really. I have about half an inch before I can't fit inside the basement

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I have yet to break anything on mine.
Also would the swap raise a truck any? I really want to but my truck can't get any higher really. I have about half an inch before I can't fit inside the basement

mmhmmmm. Must not be wheeling it hard enough with that D44. :naughty:

I know John when through 4 ball joints and two hubs in a span of 10 months running 35s on his D44. lol

I think it lifts it like an inch or something like that. Not much.

BlackMagnum2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
mmhmmmm. Must not be wheeling it hard enough with that D44. :naughty:

I know John when through 4 ball joints and two hubs in a span of 10 months running 35s on his D44. lol

I think it lifts it like an inch or something like that. Not much.

Wellll I can't really be wheeling it too hard lol. No mud since the engine rebuild.

I haven't seen any signs of any serious wear on any of my front end parts

And yeah that would probably be too much. Then again I should be moving out soon. And it's not like I'll get any money for the swap living with my parents. Especially when I'm not allowed to work.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Wellll I can't really be wheeling it too hard lol. No mud since the engine rebuild.

I haven't seen any signs of any serious wear on any of my front end parts

And yeah that would probably be too much. Then again I should be moving out soon. And it's not like I'll get any money for the swap living with my parents. Especially when I'm not allowed to work.

That's bulldooky right there.

But that's another convo entirely.

BlackMagnum2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Agreed.

Moving on. I've been considering the previously forbidden.

How much do you guys think I could get for the Ram?
I want a Cummins so.. so bad..

codered

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 QCSB
Engine
magnum 5.9/360
What? You have a nice ram you worked your ass of for why do you want a cummins?

BlackMagnum2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
What? You have a nice ram you worked your ass of for why do you want a cummins?

Well I don't mind working my ass off on a vehicle. I live for it. But my truck isn't that great. And at the end of the day I could put a million mods on this thing, make it as nice as a half ton can possibly be, and it's still not on the same level as a Cummins.

codered

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 QCSB
Engine
magnum 5.9/360
Well I don't mind working my ass off on a vehicle. I live for it. But my truck isn't that great. And at the end of the day I could put a million mods on this thing, make it as nice as a half ton can possibly be, and it's still not on the same level as a Cummins.

Well that's up to you man it's your truck I'd say 6k for it

98hemi-ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Detroit TruTrac rear with 4.88s front/rear.

98hemi-ram: Are them stock reverse bulbs? I can't see a single thing when I back up with mine..

Nope not stock bulbs. They are cree LED bulbs and are way brighter than the stock bulbs were. I love them and had a set in my 06 also before I sold it. Also just ordered a set for the mazda this morning since the windows will be getting the same 5% tint as my truck within the next couple weeks.

Here's a link to the bulbs I've got.
3156 3056 4114 4114K 3157 3057 3457 4157 T20 9W CREE LED Reverse Wedge Bulbs - Retro-Solutions Store

ChillyPhil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
You mean D60s with Detroit TrueTrac and 4.88s....

:hidesbehindsofa:

dana60lord_zps28b66c98.png
NOOOOOOOOOOO. I'M BEING FOLLOWED EVERYWHERE! :flipthebird: ;)

Same set up I plan on doing on mine. Let me know how you like it

I have the same problem. I planned on getting some LED flush mount pods to go in my bumper and wire it to my reverse light. Or also this company (I think they're called big ass hitches) make a receiver with a ball, a hole for a like shackle hook, and it has a 2x2 pod with Cree LED's. With a harness that can be disconnected easily. And it comes in a variety of paints/dips. I'm really considering it now
Will do. And yeah, I follow them on Instagram. I want one of those big clevises and that new light setup they got too. All takes the big bucks though!

Nope not stock bulbs. They are cree LED bulbs and are way brighter than the stock bulbs were. I love them and had a set in my 06 also before I sold it. Also just ordered a set for the mazda this morning since the windows will be getting the same 5% tint as my truck within the next couple weeks.

Here's a link to the bulbs I've got.
3156 3056 4114 4114K 3157 3057 3457 4157 T20 9W CREE LED Reverse Wedge Bulbs - Retro-Solutions Store
Thanks man, I'm definitely going to look into these.