What did you do to/with your second gen today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98hemi-ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Got an email saying my tuner is on its way back from diablo after being repaired. Will be nice to finally have a tuner that actually works again.

kpd12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Got a call from superchips to update my tuner again and that if I still had issues I would more than likely have to look at a reflash of my PCM at the dealer or possibly a new PCM. Well it seemed to go a lot further than before but again errored out, just a different error this time. Waiting to hear back from them again before next steps are taken. We will see.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98hemi-ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Diablo is a no-go for 2gs as they don't support us. 98Hemi-Ram has a Hemi in his....so it works. lol

Yup diablo tuners don't support your average 2nd gen ram. However mine is far from average as most of the guys around here know ;)

How do you like this tuner? I'm still deciding on one so just curious

I do like the diablo tuner however lots of little things to play around with on them. I was really looking forward to getting a custom engine and tranny tune done for my truck this summer but its been busted all summer. Maybe next year lol

It really is to bad diablo doesnt support the older trucks to.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
He's just mad because he has to replace the entire PCM on his. :laughing1:

98hemi-ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
On another note. Just came across a real good deal on a new torque converter that I'm getting very tempted by.

I was planning on a 2800-3000 stall. This one is a 3200 stall which is a bit higher than I wanted to go but for the price (almost half the price of a new one) I may just have to pick it up. I do want to get a bigger cam in the next year or two anyways so I could always just get one thats made foe this bigger stall.

Decisions, decisions....

BBartow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum
whats your price????:naughty: I like new projects

Don't know yet. I figured since I'm going to be modding a 2nd gen I might as well start with one more practical with a Quad cab. I'm finding a crap ton of nice rclb V8 2500 but no 4 doors.

BlackMagnum2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
That is true.

I'm hoping to find someone's Cummins that they ****** up the engine on and take it to dad's shop and drop some monster in it, like the 850 HP 1700 ft lbs 6BT lol. I don't think the owners would have a problem with it and my dad would ******* love it lol.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
That is true.

I'm hoping to find someone's Cummins that they ****** up the engine on and take it to dad's shop and drop some monster in it, like the 850 HP 1700 ft lbs 6BT lol. I don't think the owners would have a problem with it and my dad would ******* love it lol.

Engine and drive train aren't usually an issue, it's body and suspension/axles that are. :roflsquared: