What did you do to your Gen3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hell to the yes......[emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

Da's what I'm talkin' 'bout!!.....
06478c8d753564f137a1d60836537bb3.jpg
9a736ddc5ed58a14ca50474ab2541c40.jpg

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
New projectors and all that fun stuff came today! Still waiting on my code matching paint AND new headlights now since my lenses decided to peel. But were getting there lol6a6d881bea9cc829b80c3f8a0a8819a7.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
New projectors and all that fun stuff came today! Still waiting on my code matching paint AND new headlights now since my lenses decided to peel. But were getting there lol6a6d881bea9cc829b80c3f8a0a8819a7.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Sweet!!!

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hell to the yes......[emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

Da's what I'm talkin' 'bout!!.....
06478c8d753564f137a1d60836537bb3.jpg
9a736ddc5ed58a14ca50474ab2541c40.jpg

Well, they certainly do look good, the low beams are pretty nice but the high beams ain't real great. There's too much un-illuminated area on each side of the road while running the brights. It's like I have a giant, round spotlight in the middle of the hood. Seems to me they need a windage adjustment on them to move the passenger headlight to the right and the driverside headlight to the left but to my knowledge you can only raise the beams or lower them.

I dunno, doesn't somebody make an aftermarket module or wiring harness or somethin' that allows the fog lights to stay on with the brights? If I could run my fogs with the high-beams, that would work.

Last edited:

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Well, they certainly do look good, the low beams are pretty nice but the high beams ain't real great. There's too much un-illuminated area on each side of the road while running the brights. It's like I have a giant, round spotlight in the middle of the hood. Seems to me they need a windage adjustment on them to move the passenger headlight to the right and the driverside headlight to the left but to my knowledge you can only raise the beams or lower them.

I dunno, doesn't somebody make an aftermarket module or wiring harness or somethin' that allows the fog lights to stay on with the brights? If I could run my fogs with the high-beams, that would work.

you have an 08 ram, you can go to the dealer and have them turn it on in the computer, i did that in my 06 and my 08

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
you have an 08 ram, you can go to the dealer and have them turn it on in the computer, i did that in my 06 and my 08

Hmm, ok. I read about that on another forum last night, someone talking about having the dealer enable the fog light override.

Seemed like it was hit and miss tho, some dealerships would do it and some wouldn't cuz sposedly it's illegal runnin' the fogs and brights together.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Oh yeah....[emoji41]

They definitely add class, style and copious amounts of curb appeal don't they?

yes sir, IMO ive always said they could almost pass for oem they way they look and are built

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yes sir, IMO ive always said they could almost pass for oem they way they look and are built

Oh yeah. It's funny how the new Rams now have the projector beam headlights with the LED DRL's and such. And the LED taillights.

I just wish they'da made the wires for the ballasts a little longer so there would be more mounting options for them. I just peeled the paper and stuck them to the bottom of the lights to the side of the bulb compartments and called it good.

It may end up being a winter project once it cools off and not having to douse myself in skeeter spray, but I think I'm gonna have to add wire and make them longer.

Speakin of which, my new taillights will be in this evenin'...[emoji41]

Last edited:

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Well, I called three different dealerships this morning and two told me they couldn't. Not as in won't do it but, no way to enable such a setting to keep the fogs on with the high beams....

The third place said they thought... they could do it but I pretty much told them I wasn't gonna drive over an hour away with "I think I can" swingin' in the balance of finding out afterwards if my paying for an hour's worth of shop labor was either money well spent or money wasted so I guess I'm gonna have to explore other options...

Last edited:

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Well, I called three different dealerships this morning and two told me they couldn't. Not as in won't do it but, no way to enable such a setting to keep the fogs on with the high beams....

The third place said they thought... they could do it but I pretty much told them I wasn't gonna drive over an hour away with "I think I can" swingin' in the balance of finding out afterwards if my paying for an hour's worth of shop labor was either money well spent or money wasted so I guess I'm gonna have to explore other options...

well i can tell you 100% for sure they can, ive had their computer in my hands and did the changing myself, i also changed a few other functions in my truck, you would be surprised what all can be changed.

you can always wire your fog lights to come on with the parking lights and bypass the switch completely, thats the simplest way to do it, the options are limitless but its a matter of how involved you want the wiring to be lol

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
well i can tell you 100% for sure they can, ive had their computer in my hands and did the changing myself...

Oh I don't doubt ya one bit, I'm just relayin' what they told me.

I dunno, is it possible the only way you were able to change yours was because you did it yourself? I'm kinda startin' to wonder if those bozoheads I talked to were just deflecting and giving me the run-around by technically saying they weren't supposed to but was playing it off like the setting is non-existent as an attempt to steer me away from doing it. lol.

Hell, I dunno.

I also changed a few other functions in my truck, you would be surprised what all can be changed.

I'm almost afraid to ask since they'd probably deny those as well but, what else can be changed?

you can always wire your fog lights to come on with the parking lights and bypass the switch completely, thats the simplest way to do it, the options are limitless but its a matter of how involved you want the wiring to be lol

Well, I'd still like to retain the use of my OEM switch, if it's possible.

I'm not afraid to get a little carried away with wiring as long as the results are whatcha want!...lol.

If I coulda figured out how to do it I would've wired my halos and DRL LED's to not only come on with the ignition, but also have each side turn off individually when that side turn signal was on, like on the new cars that run them bright white LED strips.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Oh I don't doubt ya one bit, I'm just relayin' what they told me.

I dunno, is it possible the only way you were able to change yours was because you did it yourself? I'm kinda startin' to wonder if those bozoheads I talked to were just deflecting and giving me the run-around by technically saying they weren't supposed to but was playing it off like the setting is non-existent as an attempt to steer me away from doing it. lol.

Hell, I dunno.

I'm almost afraid to ask since they'd probably deny those as well but, what else can be changed?

Well, I'd still like to retain the use of my OEM switch, if it's possible.

I'm not afraid to get a little carried away with wiring as long as the results are whatcha want!...lol.

If I coulda figured out how to do it I would've wired my halos and DRL LED's to not only come on with the ignition, but also have each side turn off individually when that side turn signal was on, like on the new cars that run them bright white LED strips.

i was borrowing the dealer computer when i did mine, you need that REALLY expensive piece of equipment to make those changes, they probably just didnt want to do it so its easier to say they cant, and some service guys really dont know what they are doing anyways.

you can get a DRL harness on ebay that would do that, or you can make one but after you bought the materials to do so it would equal the cost of the harness you can purchase, they are pretty cheap

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i was borrowing the dealer computer when i did mine, you need that REALLY expensive piece of equipment to make those changes, they probably just didnt want to do it so its easier to say they cant...

I don't know why they wouldn't....lol.

I'd still get charged the one-hour shop rate so it's not like they wouldn't be making money off me. Lol.

...and some service guys really dont know what they are doing anyways.
That's probably not too far fetched.

Although, each of the two stealerships I called that said it couldn't be done both said that they talked to there lead techs about it. Lol.

you can get a DRL harness on ebay that would do that, or you can make one but after you bought the materials to do so it would equal the cost of the harness you can purchase, they are pretty cheap

How would I make one?

Geno's Garage has that brite box thing that not only keeps the fogs on with the high beams but it also burns the low beams and the high beams together but they want like 250 bucks for it.

I'd just rather find a fix of my own.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
I don't know why they wouldn't....lol.

I'd still get charged the one-hour shop rate so it's not like they wouldn't be making money off me. Lol.

That's probably not too far fetched.

Although, each of the two stealerships I called that said it couldn't be done both said that they talked to there lead techs about it. Lol.

How would I make one?

Geno's Garage has that brite box thing that not only keeps the fogs on with the high beams but it also burns the low beams and the high beams together but they want like 250 bucks for it.

I'd just rather find a fix of my own.

to make the fogs stay on with the high beams you would have to use a 5 prog relay that can switch power sources, the relay would pull power from the fog light signal feed when high beams are off and then pull power from the high beams when they are on, you can order the connectors to be able to make it plug and play, also you would want a Capacitor put in there so that they retain power while the transition from low beam to high beam because using the 5 pin relay when it receives power from both sources they typically will turn off, and it will receive power from both for a second when switching, if that doesn't bother you then all you would need is a relay and some connectors, it sounds more involved than it is honestly

here is another alternative, find you a GOOD repair shop, if they work on Chrysler vehicles they should have the "star scan" tool that can program the main computer on your truck, some only use a code reader some use the big computer, its like a $8k computer so some cant afford it, but if you have a shop that has that computer they can get in there and change it

Last edited:

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh yeah.... stay tuned... 'bout to get rid of these ugly, no good, worthless, Chibbolet-lookin' poor excuse of Ram tail lights..[emoji41]
f387a46af815a69e0ad80b4468f435a4.jpg

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anybody got a hookup for a cheap shorty antenna that doesn't work like absolute crap?

I've got a little 12" stubby metal antenna that looked pretty good that came from a Peb Boys. I ended up taking it off because it was making a whistling sound while going down the road that sounded like either a window wasn't shut all the way, or I had a leaky door gasket or maybe even I thought I had a pin hole that air was finding its way through the windshield adhesive down on that lower right hand corner of the windshield. I fought that sumbeachin' sound for almost 6 months before I thought maybe it was that antenna and sure as Schit, it was. Put the stock antenna back on and whistling went away.... haven't heard it since.