What did you do to your Gen3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brownie289

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Major rust repair in progress.
Bed came off 3 holes in the frame. Cab corners shot..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brownie289

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Replaced my rear bumper (03 1500) that has had a dent in it since 2008. The dent was MADDENING!!! The replacement...easy.

That’s a great fix!
Did mine a while back, was sorry I waited so long.

Hexxus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Replaced upperbank spark plugs and coil pack boots.
Coated the threads in anti-seize and dielectric grease to the porcelain.
Every single one of the boots (but one) broke during this so I am glad I had already bought the boots before hand.
Not all of the damn spark plug socket would fit in the hole and the one that did fit in the first hole, didn't in the others. I ended up up taking a flapping disc to the outside, I also applied some of my dielectric grease to aid in inserting the socket.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Finally fixed the pesky mysterious leak, now that my hand healed up. It was one of the cab vents, 18$ a piece not bad, I was guessing they would be 50$ ea but was surprised to see a Chrysler part that cheap lol. The parts were cheap but installing them was a huge pita, because of course they had to make them be installed from the outside! Would’ve been ahellava lot easier if I could remove the bed but don’t have access to the right rigging at the moment. So I just used a long pry bar to snap them in.

Also went to change a cargo light bulb and found the housing is glued in, must of leaked and previous owner or dealer sealed it instead of using the right stuff. Smh! Oh well, I’ll wait till the brake light goes out then replace the entire housing because I know I’ll break it trying to remove it. I should be set for winter now, hopefully anyway.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Finally fixed the pesky mysterious leak, now that my hand healed up. It was one of the cab vents, 18$ a piece not bad, I was guessing they would be 50$ ea but was surprised to see a Chrysler part that cheap lol. The parts were cheap but installing them was a huge pita, because of course they had to make them be installed from the outside! Would’ve been ahellava lot easier if I could remove the bed but don’t have access to the right rigging at the moment. So I just used a long pry bar to snap them in.

Also went to change a cargo light bulb and found the housing is glued in, must of leaked and previous owner or dealer sealed it instead of using the right stuff. Smh! Oh well, I’ll wait till the brake light goes out then replace the entire housing because I know I’ll break it trying to remove it. I should be set for winter now, hopefully anyway.

sadly that is the best way to fix the 3rd brake light on our trucks, many have changed the gaskets and stuff like that but ultimately silicone has become the known fix for our 3rd brake light leak problem, ive had to do that on every ram ive owned, OEM or aftermarket didnt make any difference in the matter either

CUAviator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
(yesterday) - Changed my oil to Mobile One High Mileage and Mobile One oil filter, cleaned my positive battery post (which also reset my stupid check engine light - small evap leak), rotated tires (was able to degrease and wash the insides to turn them back to silver from dirty black).

brownie289

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Finally cleaned my dirty throttle body. I had taken off a bunch a parts to swap out a EGR valve and tube and it was just staring me down, easy job and glad I did it! Followed the many write ups I have seen here.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Took my old headlights and decided to smoke them today...

9ab62fb71c7ac3a5510d950de79819a2.jpg

49f24c67e1d6d719e6523ccb65b2a9bc.jpg

2e412ea624f34d5d7f5d03a2c40b48e5.jpg

389f2afa9a41b6e08b3f266876d0a5ea.jpg

a757777fcff90e4d1ab70626fedef7b5.jpg

b2eb113906351cb92b15e5433b4adda2.jpg

6539801e95913151d573d51fa0e51ec0.jpg

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
So what made you decide to do that, looks really good. :)

this was the set i had on my truck for some time that i just took off, the lenses took a hell of a beating and were really rough, this was a good way to sand off what could be sanded down and the tint hides the rest, this was a test to see how they would turn out, they didn't come out perfect but they look 100x better than they did before, im probably just going to list them locally and see if i can get anything for them

Mistwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
New upper control arms and outer tie rod ends. They lasted 6.5 years. Need to replace steering rack as it has bad leak and get it aligned. BUT

Since truck is lifted. There are 4.5" drop arms attached to steering rack in place of inner rod ends. Which is tied into some sort of stabilizer. Then the stock inner rod ends are attached to bottom of drop arms/stablizer. So hoping all that swaps to a stock steering rack. Really wish I knew who made the lift kit on my truck.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Turns out that my cab vents weren’t the only place leaking.

On my power slider back window, there is two weep holes under the cable mounts (one on each side) in the track that were clogged, causing water from the slider rail to overflow down into the under seat area and door sills, there are YouTube videos on how to take the brackets off but make sure you open the slider for the driver side to release tension on the cable or it will bind and coil up on you. When removing the passenger side bracket, close the window to relieve tension. The holes are a little bit larger than a spray can straw, a little blast of air works good.

Now I can safely say “it doesn’t leak anymore” for now lol.

Last edited:

brownie289

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Been laying on my back and finally cut out that stupid spare tire hoist! What a pain in the ass....got a new one to put back in now wondering if I really want to do that.

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
Man y’all are all losing at what I did to my 3rd gen.
It’s stuck in the back yard hooked to the trailer.

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
Added black 08+ door emblems to both sides, old ones ended up leaving a bad residue on the drivers side which probably won't come off until I buff it out.

Im starting to believe my A/C compressor clutch bearing is the culprit for the annoying hissing and squealing sound I've had for the past 6 months. I like the idea of replacing a 20-dollar bearing myself more than shelling out 700 bucks for someone else to replace the entire A/C compressor, especially when it overall works perfectly