What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is the amp built in with that box? What was the price tag on it?

2009 QCSB 4WD - Not Stock [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is the amp built in with that box? What was the price tag on it?

2009 QCSB 4WD - Not Stock [emoji41]

Amp was separate and no, it’s not like the MTX Thunderform(if you’re familiar with that system) that has the amp built into the box.

It’s a good combination.

The Stealthbox I used was $999, and the JL Audio XD600 amp was like 4 and a quarter.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
Got my JL Audio Stealthbox in today along with my Smittybuilt forged aluminum 2 inch drop receiver hitch.
4e5521a076f9c166bdf152b6758d0878.jpg

Did you have to dynamat your interior? I replaced the alpine 8" with a pioneer and my b pillars rattle like crazy, and thats a non-amplified aftermarket sub that sounds like 10-30% louder then stock

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Here are a couple shots with the 20" Rigid fired up (temporarily). Holy mother of God this thing is bright.

View attachment 127507

View attachment 127508
*****!, You said "Holy Mother of God, this thing is bright" and I scrolled down on my phone and immediately below your post is an ad. Girl holding up a full chest X-Ray showing ribs and lungs and all I can picture is YOUR truck behind this poor slob with the new 20" Rigid lit up making this sucker translucent! Hahaha I'm still gigglin'

GottaBeKD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
*****!, You said "Holy Mother of God, this thing is bright" and I scrolled down on my phone and immediately below your post is an ad. Girl holding up a full chest X-Ray showing ribs and lungs and all I can picture is YOUR truck behind this poor slob with the new 20" Rigid lit up making this sucker translucent! Hahaha I'm still gigglin'
LMAO... should have screen shot that

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you have to dynamat your interior? I replaced the alpine 8" with a pioneer and my b pillars rattle like crazy, and thats a non-amplified aftermarket sub that sounds like 10-30% louder then stock

Well, I’m sure Dynamat would help certain areas but when the bass hits, all I hear is bass. Lol.

Wildfyre116

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4x4 V8
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is a culmination of the past few weeks, but I've put 2" rear lowering springs on, removed my LED headlight bulbs and put halogens back in (to reduce the glare) and added a V6 e-fan in place of the clutch fan. With the springs in, the rear is less than 1/2" higher than the front, but it dips below the front if there's enough weight in the bed - and that bothers the heck out of me. It seems to ride a bit more harsh too, but it was BY FAR the cheapest & easiest option to level the truck (vs lifting the front via front spacers or struts, then getting an alignment). Ultimately, I'd like to do a moderate lift, wheels & tires - but that won't be for quite a while, so this will have to do for now.

20180415_170149.jpg

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
This is a culmination of the past few weeks, but I've put 2" rear lowering springs on, removed my LED headlight bulbs and put halogens back in (to reduce the glare) and added a V6 e-fan in place of the clutch fan. With the springs in, the rear is less than 1/2" higher than the front, but it dips below the front if there's enough weight in the bed - and that bothers the heck out of me. It seems to ride a bit more harsh too, but it was BY FAR the cheapest & easiest option to level the truck (vs lifting the front via front spacers or struts, then getting an alignment). Ultimately, I'd like to do a moderate lift, wheels & tires - but that won't be for quite a while, so this will have to do for now.

View attachment 127537
Good work is not cheap.
Cheap work is not good.

Did you choose lowering springs with a higher spring rate than stock to make up for the reduced travel?

If so, that's why if feels stiffer.

If not, your shocks can't dampen properly because they are not correct fot this length spring. They have lost the same amount of travel that the spring has been shortened. This causes bottoming out to occur where normally you wouldn't.

I learned many years ago that I am NOT smarter than the Engineers that designed the vehicle. Most times when we change things on a budget we end up hurting the performance of the vehicle. That ranges from annoying to possibly catastrophic. You've already discovered that with the headlights. You have a really nice looking wife...I mean truck. Spend a few dollars on her and she'll treat you right. My .02 Ed.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
View attachment 127580which one looks better black lugs or chrome lugs?

My opinion, it really could go either way as both options are equally in style as the other. In a lot of ways, a black wheel would go better with black lugnuts but then again, the chrome lugs makes a nice contrast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro