What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Not much. Stopped by Napa for a pcv valve, but not for $52!
Went home, took mine off (needed pliers, it's never been off) and it was gunked up & not rattling.
Shot it with brake cleaner, it's now freed up & back in. 5 minutes and not $52.

Nice! It’s always reassuring when you find out a part is stupid expensive and you end up repairing it yourself and discovering it just needed to be cleaned up a bit. Always a nice day when that happens! More money for mods!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Next up is rear control arms, but I need OEM length with my 2/2 drop and the better ones are all adjustable only & expensive, except Freedom Offroad but can only find the uppers in OEM size.
Thinking about Mevotech, gotta be better than my 10 yr old stockers

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
Next up is rear control arms, but I need OEM length with my 2/2 drop and the better ones are all adjustable only & expensive, except Freedom Offroad but can only find the uppers in OEM size.

Might also look into the ones for the gladiator. I hear they fit our trucks too

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve been gone for few days, moved my son back to Texas Tech University, we got him a cheap one bedroom apartment this year (he’s a junior). My truck was loaded down with stuff.

BC3928D6-9FAA-4A10-9CDC-ABB9E0986659.jpeg

Here’s a pic from today after I spent 3 hours washing it and getting all the bug guts off

6D421E3B-2D43-4001-90B6-20BF95675A85.jpeg

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are the Freedom ones sold out? They have OE length fixed and adjustable, both upper and lowers.

NorZeman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are the Freedom ones sold out? They have OE length fixed and adjustable, both upper and lowers.
You had the FO on your truck for a while, correct? Noticeable improvement over stockers? I've been looking through threads and have a set of lowers on my wish list, but that ~$140 price point of the FO fixed looks a lot more appealing than the ~$300 for Core or Clayton.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

WildWilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I’ve been gone for few days, moved my son back to Texas Tech University, we got him a cheap one bedroom apartment this year (he’s a junior). My truck was loaded down with stuff.

View attachment 219169

Here’s a pic from today after I spent 3 hours washing it and getting all the bug guts off

View attachment 219170

Hand truck. Moving essential.

Reactions: JB1

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You had the FO on your truck for a while, correct? Noticeable improvement over stockers? I've been looking through threads and have a set of lowers on my wish list, but that ~$140 price point of the FO fixed looks a lot more appealing than the ~$300 for Core or Clayton.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Yep I did have a few thousand miles on them and they were nice. In terms of construction they're noticeable improvement over stockers. I didn't experience wheel hop with the stockers but I needed a replacement for them and the FO price fitted the bill.

We have another member who's running the FO's and he did measure the durometer on the FO and the stockers @Tim Garceau he found the FO bushings had higher values which indicates a harder rubber and i'd guess a good thing for wheel hop. He had wheel hop issues with the stockers and i think the FO's helped him managed those. He should have a better long term review on the FOs than me as i went a different route with the Clayton ones. Last I heard the FO's were doing the job just fine in his truck and hopefully that have remained that way. can't beat $140 for a set lower or upper.

Claytons or Core are a lot beefier than the FO's. Their bushings can flex on both sides too so if you're into offroading the price you pay is for extra strenght and different style bushings. If you have a street truck there is nothing wrong with either choice, all are better than stock, you can also offroad with the FO's just like you can with the stockers. Clayton or Core bushings allow for more/easier articulation of your rear end with much less binding compared to stock so that changes the overall feeling on dirt roads for example, even more so if you're 3 wheeling on deep ruts etc. Pick your poison according to your needs. :)

Have fun.

Plankton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This past weekend I painted my license plate bolts black instead of just buying new black ones (lol), then took a Brilliant Black Pearl paint pen to the scratches on the bottom paint. I had quite a few nicks on the front of the bottom rear quarter where it meets the cab. Rocks flung up from mudding most likely. Then, there was one annoying deep .25" gouge with a bit of a dent on the bottom of the drivers side door that got some extra love. I challenged my friend to try and find it afterwards. He's still looking.

Cleaned her up and shined the tips:

gM2kZaV.jpg

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Getting an oil change at my local dealership..... just waiting.

Anonymous007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Installed the lasfit switchback leds for the fogs. I think is pretty cool to be able to change em

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Installed the lasfit switchback leds for the fogs. I think is pretty cool to be able to change em

Can you please let me know how you like them and if they are any good? I’d love to be able to switch back and forth like that.