What did you do with your 5th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Omar RVA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
"Relocated" the block heater plug since it was nice out and most of the places I'd frequent this weekend are packed with obnoxious tourists. Given the black metal bumper on the Power Wagon, I *briefly* considered placing it somewhere more accessible still but just couldn't bring myself to drill a 2" hole this early on into ownership. I used the NOCO GCP1 (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B009ANV81S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1), switched out the packaged hardware for stainless and used a washer and nylon lock nut for the time being (if that doesn't work I'll switch to loctite and a regular nut). Gave all the connections a light coating of dielectric grease and loomed/taped/ziptied as appropriate. Can't see it unless you're looking for it and it'll be easier to plug/unplug in the mornings in about 4 or 5 months.

OA

The actual product:

8e2cfzy.jpg

It's a soft silicon seal and seems to seal really well (when you press it closed you can hear the air whistle out of the drain hole at the bottom):

38CNVDv.jpg

No going back (just the air dam that'll probably get pulled one day anyway so ultimately it's a low commitment here):

l1IAvl3.jpg

Installed:

5CKjnTh.jpg

Wire routing:

YPgjxII.jpg

All done:

Wb9PvsF.jpg

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
"Relocated" the block heater plug since it was nice out and most of the places I'd frequent this weekend are packed with obnoxious tourists. Given the black metal bumper on the Power Wagon, I *briefly* considered placing it somewhere more accessible still but just couldn't bring myself to drill a 2" hole this early on into ownership. I used the NOCO GCP1 (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B009ANV81S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1), switched out the packaged hardware for stainless and used a washer and nylon lock nut for the time being (if that doesn't work I'll switch to loctite and a regular nut). Gave all the connections a light coating of dielectric grease and loomed/taped/ziptied as appropriate. Can't see it unless you're looking for it and it'll be easier to plug/unplug in the mornings in about 4 or 5 months.

OA

The actual product:

8e2cfzy.jpg

It's a soft silicon seal and seems to seal really well (when you press it closed you can hear the air whistle out of the drain hole at the bottom):

38CNVDv.jpg

No going back (just the air dam that'll probably get pulled one day anyway so ultimately it's a low commitment here):

l1IAvl3.jpg

Installed:

5CKjnTh.jpg

Wire routing:

YPgjxII.jpg

All done:

Wb9PvsF.jpg
I like it. What length did you get of cable?

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

20IndyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Friday - Stripped off the wax and applied 1st coat of Rejex
Saturday - 2nd coat of Rejex
Sunday - Mud flaps - Husky

Just in time to get it dirty. Towing my neighbors boat to Port Clinton OH tomorrow. 1st checkout of the season for the boat (virus complications). Planning on drowning some bait and consuming some adult beverages.

Pretty much guaranteed we'll be plowing bugs on the return trip. We'll see how well they come off with the Rejex. The grill on the 1500's is awesome. Just don't ever want to scrub bugs off of it.

IMG_20200712_173738495.jpg

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Picked up my new diff cover from the powder coater today, installing this weekend, video should be up on my YouTube channel later this weekend!

a835bce0f067eb7a8c9a024ef6f574f7.jpg
Paint job looks awesome. Is it just powder coated?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I started helping my daughter move out of her house on Ft.Hood Army base. Her n hubby divorcing. Another 2 loads to go. Kinda sucks that its 300 miles each way. 41072b56f51a2d713516dae2c3371d7e.jpg303a8b4c20e521cbe06e18b769e7c64c.jpg

Black 20 Ram

Dogpatch

Senior Member - Ram Nut
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I started helping my daughter move out of her house on Ft.Hood Army base. Her n hubby divorcing. Another 2 loads to go. Kinda sucks that its 300 miles each way. 41072b56f51a2d713516dae2c3371d7e.jpg303a8b4c20e521cbe06e18b769e7c64c.jpg

Black 20 Ram

I had to do the same with our daughter recently. A Dad’s gotta do what he does.
Why didn’t you rent a U-haul trailer or truck. One trip. Fuel savings alone Would have covered the cost.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I had to do the same with our daughter recently. A Dad’s gotta do what he does.
Why didn’t you rent a U-haul trailer or truck. One trip. Fuel savings alone Would have covered the cost.
Your right Dads do what we gottta do. Sometimes we issue ass whooping to misbehaving Hisbands and sometimes we gotta take em fishing.
When the kids call I haul.
Keep that cash in my pocket and out of the corporate cake eaters hands. Then again if I wanted to rent a trailer or uhaul truck I'd have no need to own a ram.
Trucks are for work and play everyday.

Black 20 Ram

Dogpatch

Senior Member - Ram Nut
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your right Dads do what we gottta do. Sometimes we issue ass whooping to misbehaving Hisbands and sometimes we gotta take em fishing.
When the kids call I haul.
Keep that cash in my pocket and out of the corporate cake eaters hands. Then again if I wanted to rent a trailer or uhaul truck I'd have no need to own a ram.
Trucks are for work and play everyday.

Black 20 Ram

I get it.
I purposely forget stuff so I can drive mine again.

Waterfowler41

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Uploaded the video of the diff cover install. Had to swap out my sway bars temporarily until I can find some spacers that will allow my RMI bar to clear the cover. Back to OEM for now!

ECRamCO

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Big Horn
Engine
Hemi
Got my front end suspension leveling kit done, new wheels and tires. Have electric running boards on the way. Last will be getting the windows tinted. Love this truck, 2019 1500 classic.

20200724_115705.jpg

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Had mine as well as the toy vehicle fully detailed, now I have to set up for the other vehicles to get done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk