What did you do with your 5th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adam vera

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They are, and yes i have the number for Crew Cab models. 82215287AB

Adam vera

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
DUDE!!! YOU ARE THE MAN!! IF YOU WERE ANYWHERE CLOSE TO ME I'D BUY YOU A BEER. YOU JUST MADE MY DAY.
THANKS!!
(sorry for the all caps, but you have no idea how good of news this is for me)

Lol, Im waiting for the CAI next which i also have the part number. Sadly its not available yet. Part# 77072428

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Great job with those oem steps, now my question I have a basic Laramie, is there any code the dealer must use to flash these to work ?

Last edited:

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great job with those oem steps, not my question I have a basic Laramie, is there any code the dealer must use to flash these to work ?

I would imagine - mine came factory and I have an option on the screen to deploy or store them.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Sorry lol spellcheck got me again. I’m trying to contact my dealer as I have the standard 8.4 screen so there would be no option to store or deploy them. I know with my buddy’s Amp steps he can hit a switch and it will keep them locked in place. As soon as I know for sure what’s needed to make these work, I’ll place my order.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry lol spellcheck got me again. I’m trying to contact my dealer as I have the standard 8.4 screen so there would be no option to store or deploy them. I know with my buddy’s Amp steps he can hit a switch and it will keep them locked in place. As soon as I know for sure what’s needed to make these work, I’ll place my order.

I don't know why it wouldn't be there. the option is only in "controls" menu with heated seats/sw/cooled seats. This screen only takes up a "8.4" section.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have the heated / cooled / steering wheel part, but honestly I didn’t see an option for steps. Then again I’m away until Friday and don’t have access to my Ram. Will pull that screen up when the “ two “ shall becomes as one lol.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the heated / cooled / steering wheel part, but honestly I didn’t see an option for steps. Then again I’m away until Friday and don’t have access to my Ram. Will pull that screen up when the “ two “ shall becomes as one lol.

I don't think it would be there... but mine is right in the middle. So three rows of options, left is driver, right is passenger, middle is steps and dimming mirror I think?

See post #39

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/2019-problem-fix-thread.123294/page-4

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Now I only have the basic 8.4 and no front/ rear parking sensors nor surround cameras. So I’m sure that’s not accessible on my screen. :)

Kevin C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They are, and yes i have the number for Crew Cab models. 82215287AB
My parts department just ordered the steps for me. Said they are only on the East Coast so it's going to take 7 - 10 days to reach California.
Now we wait. :fish_h4h:

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Oh crap, I wonder if I can call my parts guy and have him order my set since I’m away until Friday ?

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
Maybe it’s a plug and play thing where it will show up when there is a signal from the connector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks similar to amps, does it have a connection that goes its the obdll port? I bet either that or they’re wired to retract whenever the doors opened or closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Adam vera

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It worked as soon as i had everything hooked up. Open doors and the steps deployed, closed door and they went to stored mode. I had my buddy flash it just to be safe. The only feature it added was Auto and stored mode. I also have the 8.4 screen.

Adam vera

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My parts department just ordered the steps for me. Said they are only on the East Coast so it's going to take 7 - 10 days to reach California.
Now we wait. :fish_h4h:

Don't feel bad i had to wait a month before mine came in, and im the parts manger. :p

Kevin C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't feel bad i had to wait a month before mine came in, and im the parts manger. :p
Adam, they said the part was $1500 and another $400 for dealer install. Pretty crazy that it is a $995 option from the factory, but basically double that after the fact. Does this sound right to you?