What did you do with your 5th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilverBullet85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just watched the install videos for the 4th gen Ram, F-150 and Chevy. They all have good ole' fashioned metal under the tailgate where the bar would mount. They're all flat. Nothing like this new Ram 1500. It's plastic and has bumps and protrusions all over it plus a wire harness in the way. Be warned fellas! There's likely nothing available that will work on the new ram until they design some new clips or something that keep the bar about 1/4" away from the mounting surface so it appears flat.

SilverBullet85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Forgive my ignorance, but what is that light bar for? You were planning to mount it on the tailgate?
It's something you mount in the gap between the tailgate and bumper. It is a light bar that works like an extra brake light, turn signal etc...I was really looking forward to the extra light when backing up.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yes as I can attest to the fact that we need MOAR lighting when in reverse. I’ll take a look on Friday and see what I can come up with. :)

Doxmia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is it possible to post a pic of your purchase please? Did u purchase the blacked out grill with blacked out RAM to replace the chrome one ... or in addition to this, you purchased the SPORTS HOOD... with the vents similar to the hood that comes with Laramie having the black appearance package and sports appearance packages?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just the hood; no other grills will fit with the Limited headlights so you can't easily replace it. I ended up changing my mind on the hood if I'm going to be honest; I feel like it was a bit too sporty for my taste.

dsps70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HemiV8
Just the hood; no other grills will fit with the Limited headlights so you can't easily replace it. I ended up changing my mind on the hood if I'm going to be honest; I feel like it was a bit too sporty for my taste.

K... did u pull the trigger on the hood ... then changed ur mind? I Would be interested in it. Do u know if u can get the limited grill in black... or U have to get it done yourself. I would be all over a limited black edition or limited sports package .. both with the sports hood!

SilverBullet85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just watched the install videos for the 4th gen Ram, F-150 and Chevy. They all have good ole' fashioned metal under the tailgate where the bar would mount. They're all flat. Nothing like this new Ram 1500. It's plastic and has bumps and protrusions all over it plus a wire harness in the way. Be warned fellas! There's likely nothing available that will work on the new ram until they design some new clips or something that keep the bar about 1/4" away from the mounting surface so it appears flat.
So I had some dinner and took another stab at the light bar and it looks great. The bar I purchased comes with clips that you attach. Those bring out the bar a bit but not enough to clear the bumps(think low attach in the middle and higher on the ends creating an arch). I had some extra 3m double sided stuff around so I put two more layers on top of what was provided. That made the clips come up just enough to clear the bumps so the light bar is flush. I spliced into the 7 pin wiring for a clean look. The light bar does go directly over the 'door' for the tailgate harness but since the light is on clips you can remove if needed. Happy to report that the backup light is super bright. I plan to find some led bulbs for the cab brake light as I don't find it very bright either.

Doxmia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
K... did u pull the trigger on the hood ... then changed ur mind? I Would be interested in it. Do u know if u can get the limited grill in black... or U have to get it done yourself. I would be all over a limited black edition or limited sports package .. both with the sports hood!

I have a local dealer here who has 5 of them on stock so I didn't end up on the hook for it thankfully.

You can not get a limited grill in black (well, it has some portions of it are black but the bulk of it is chrome). If you want to black it out you'd have to do that yourself.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
^^^. Good deal, please post the part number and brand for others who would like to do this. :)

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
Last edited:

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Going to get tint today. Installed the Mopar hard tonneau yesterday.

View attachment 135313

Can you post additional pictures of this? Like it open and how the rails sit? I’m considering this one just so I can use the cargo divider, which doesn’t work with my tonneau cover.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
^^^. What, you couldn’t have parked that between the white lines ha ha ha ha ha. [emoji3]

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^^. What, you couldn’t have parked that between the white lines ha ha ha ha ha. [emoji3]

They might as well mark that spot boat parking lol. This WaWa was built across from the boat ramp, and designed with boats in mind... the lot is HUGE.