What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love everything about my truck as well. I researched all trucks and bought the one I wanted

I will agree with that.

The main reason I went with another Ram was because of my great experience with my '05 Ram Daytona 4X4 regular cab. Awesome, awesome truck. I miss it.
If I didn't get the truck I currently have,......I'd be driving a 2016 600hp Ford truck. :naughty:
I had already ordered my truck and it was almost at the dealership according to the tracking. If there were any options missing or if it came in damaged in any way, I wanted my deposit back and I would have bought the '16 600hp Ford truck. (If the dealership refused to refund me, no biggie, my salesman at Ford was going to reimburse me. The same guy I bought my '13 RS3 from.) But, I really do love my Ram Sport. Only a couple of gripes that I posted in the original post and they aren't really that bad.. :favorites13: :favorites13:

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
As far as the name goes, it's just marketing. They're trying to separate Ram as its own brand for marketing purposes.

As far as engines go, they are trying new things, smaller "powerful" engines seems to be the trend. There are just a lot of truck owners who refuse to have less than 8 cylinders ...hence the Hemi remains king.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
the 6spd transmission and 3.55's. I want 8spd and 3.92's :flipthebird:

My express had the 6 speed and 3.55s. What a difference when I went to the 8 speed and 3.91. Even though my express was a 2x4 and my Sport is a 4x4 the sport is way more peppy

So I feel your pain man, I do!

:word:

spiG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I love my 15. First Ram and def don't regret it. Now I just want to save enough money for my 5.5" lift wheels/tires and regear then i'll be extra happy!

Barcelo5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 6 speed with mds
K my turn:
1. Forward rake! Way too much lean!
2. 44-44 t case. Like the auto, just make lock lock!
3. Projector headlights with halogen bulbs!?! Gotta be hids or what's the point?
4. Cabin air filter.
5. Tailgate slam!

Like others have said, love my truck. Just wish these would be addressed. Funny thing is, all have a solution! So not all that bad.

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sure every dislike that has been mentioned has a solution but it would be way cheaper to have these fixed at the build stage. The lsd can be had for $370 as an option, the 3.92 diff is a $75 option. What do they cost if you do it after the fact? I'll bet hid's from the factory would be way cheaper than aftermarket too. Probably couldn't get the ez lower tailgate cheaper than the $35 people are paying for it but everything else you could.

Last edited:

Barcelo5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 6 speed with mds
Sure every dislike that has been mentioned has a solution but it would be way cheaper to have these fixed at the build stage. The lsd can be had for $370 as an option, the 3.92 diff is a $75 option. What do they cost if you do it after the fact? I'll bet hid's from the factory would be way cheaper than aftermarket too. Probably couldn't get the ez lower tailgate cheaper than the $35 people are paying for it but everything else you could.

While I agree with some of your statement, like getting the 3.92's and the lsd is cheaper ordered, they are just that! An ordered item! They exsist oem. The points I have made you can not get oem and just things that would be nice to have oem thats all. And no way are factory hids cheaper than aftermarket!! Have you seen what ford charges to replace there hids!?! Friend of mine had to go with retro solutions to replace his due to there ass ****** price!!

Little Red

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I love the rotary shifter! Frees up so much space and isn't as sloppy as a column shifter.

I prefer a column shifter, because I can shift with my left hand without letting go of the steering while. This is helpful when backing while looking back, and when plowing (control is in my right hand).

One of the selling points of the 2500 to me was it had the traditional column shifter like a real truck instead of the rotary shifter :roflsquared:

If my dealer could have given me a better deal, I would have gotten a 2500 Tradesman Crew.

jlafollette07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't use my turn signal very often cause I forget to turn it off. It's very quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015HD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Love my 2015 2500 CC SLT, wanted one ever since Toyota gave me a 2014 1500 to drive while my frame was being replaced (for 6 months). Here is my list:

-The rear coil ride when not loaded, brutal on the bumpy Maine roads this time of year. Gotta get TPMS reset and drop to 55 all around.

-Tow haul button on dash.

-No full time cig lighter / USB juice, all only work when truck is on ACC or running.

-Blower motor stupid loud.

-Click or 'Snap' in tranny when coming to complete stop.

-The tranny's desire to stay in higher gear when pulling onto my dirt road at 5 mph, I have to give it so much juice to downshift that I end up spinning a wheel much of the time.

Yup.. true love

Attachments

• GronkShadowsSM.JPG
    GronkShadowsSM.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 201

roastpuff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
-No full time cig lighter / USB juice, all only work when truck is on ACC or running.

You can fix this - just need to move a fuse one position over to have 12V hot all the time.

2015HD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can fix this - just need to move a fuse one position over to have 12V hot all the time.

I saw this in the manual but it said it only did rear seat cig lighter (which I don't have - no center console). I couldn't find info on how to do ones in dash or in arm rest.

izzy181

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Crappy wiper blades. Fords and Chevys I've had in the past I got over 2 years out of them, not even 6 months out of these.
Can't adjust radio volume while it's searching for satellite signal.
Soft paint on front and rear bumpers.
Paint runs on my hood (didn't see when I bought it because it was snowing)
Low beam headlight
Cabin air-filter
Oil filter location
MDS

Things I have that my buddies FX4 doesn't have:
Handle on pillar when getting in/out
Locking tailgate w/ remote
Defrost on side mirrors
V8 sound!

Overall I love this truck.

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I dislike the fact that on the 5.0 radio when you use the volume control the screen becomes useless for 3 seconds while the volume display pops up. Like why does it have to be so intrusive?

The whip antenna is a joke, we have a GPS/SXM antenna on the roof.. they couldn't put an AM/FM Antenna in there too?

Like someone else said, the spray nozzles on the hood are ugly, and if you have a white or silver truck it stains the hood.

The brake pedal is 2 inches higher than the gas pedal, and its too far apart from the gas.. it took me so long to get used to this. When I drive with boots I used to always miss the pedal, you can't just slide your foot over like you can in a car you have to pick your foot up which delays brake time.

MDS. this needs to go. Period. Its stupid, it makes most people hate this truck and look else where. FCA if your reading this you need to do away with MDS on ALL models.. I recently worked with a guy who sold his brand new Long Horn with less than 2k miles on it. He took a hit on the truck because he hated it so much. He went back to Ford.. Way to go RAM..

Rants more than dislikes:

The "HEMI".. we get it.. it was a great marketing tool... in 2004... This motor has its issues, we all know. but we need to stop reinventing old school tech and make a new motor. Look at Fords new line up there is more technology in the Coyote motor then our whole truck. Come on, get over it its time to move on..

Lastly I HATE the new "its not a Dodge" image.. we get it FCA.. Ram is its own thing now.. Except one thing - it's not... Its still FCA, its still Crysler, its still DODGE! You can't come in and separate everything like they are different companies. This is an American brand, here in the states people are brand loyal and like to know that the roots of where something came from are unmolested along the way. The current generation RAM is a Dodge, and people like that. No matter what you do to the outside of the truck its a Dodge, and people will forever know it as such. Putting "RAM" all over it and taking away the cross hair grill is doing nothing but making people worry about what the Italians are going to do with this truck on the next Generation. the Ram 1500 is falling behind now, it doesn't need a facelift, it needs an overhaul and a good one at that. But, you cant take away the Dodgeness, and the toughness of this truck by making it refined and elegant on the next reup. you need to go back to the roots of the Dodge Ram and make a truck that will kick the ass of Chevy and Ford.

I will say I love this truck tho. I would not change anything about it. i just fear for the next Generation and what could become of this brand. I love Dodge I dont want it to become something it should not be because of a buy out..

Ram falling behind? Where are you from?? I'm a DIE HARD GM guy, and I bought my Ram about a month ago because A. The GM's are actually lagging behind in truck reviews and blogs, and B. I got more in my Ram, than I could in a GM for the same price if not cheaper!

Q68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wish the 8-speed's "Range Selector" would act more as a true manual mode - there's often no need for a downshift when you hit a small incline at 75MPH, but especially in cruise control it'll drop to 7th or 6th every time.

Rain-sensing wipers go to high speed at strange times - would be nice if they would lock out high speed at the lower sensitivity settings.

I'd like to see the rear seat on a track so the backs could adjust a bit for rake - there's a ridiculous amount of legroom back there but the bolt-upright seatback kills the comfort.

Rear defroster should be standard on Quad & Crew cabs.

Jeff CA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wish the Hemi had an aluminum block. All the half ton competitors offer them. Would help weight, which in turn would help acceleration, braking, handling, and fuel economy.

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't use my turn signal very often cause I forget to turn it off. It's very quiet.

If a cop pulled you over for not using your turn signal, would you use this excuse?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963