What is this part and where does it belong??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PE7EY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I heard a rattling noise towards the rear of my truck everytime I hit a bump. I thought it was a loose spare tire chain but I found this hanging from the emergency brake line and driver-side rear trailing arm. Can someone share a pic of where it belongs? I can't seem to find info on it. Thanks!

4EAF4C28-1116-4897-B0E7-4F5A93C1B149.jpeg

96284603-82D4-431E-A038-447AB64A885B.jpeg

White six four

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks like your bolt holding the bracket on is missing. Find the bolt or buy a new one, I'm not sure on the size, slide it forward and turn it 90 degrees to line it up and bolt it back up.

OP
OP
PE7EY

PE7EY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
White six four and David H, thanks guys! I really appreciate it. Hopefully someone else here can share the bolt size or even send a part number.

I just remembered that the rear trailing arms were replaced under warranty last year and I suspect that bracket wasn't tightened well enough.

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a mystery rattle as well so I looked.
I got the bracket but the cable is super sloppy that might be it.

I dont want to tighten it because i dont have a ridiculously deep socket nor do i know how tight it should be.

OP
OP
PE7EY

PE7EY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I dont want to tighten it because i dont have a ridiculously deep socket nor do i know how tight it should be.

Send a pic... someone here might be able to help.

sssliquor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI

Hey misfit, any luck with that rattle? I got the same issue now, but I replaced the rear shocks, added rhino springs, and replaced a brake pads at the same time. Double check my work, no missing bolts. Cable was floppy, but I tightened it with a pass through ratchet set that I have. Doesn't seem to make a difference though, still rattling but brake is tighter. Wondering if you have any further advice...