What Performance Mods Do You Guys Like for Power Wagon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Down the Tubes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I bought a Pedal Commander from Nick at Got Exhaust.
I was going to get the Pulsar as well, but Nick said that the gains aren't worth the price at this point in time.

I've seen a lot of recommendations for the Magnaflow Cat Back exhaust.
I like how quiet the stock muffler is, but if I could get a little more power and an MPG or 2, it might be worth it.

What have you guys done to your engines/exhaust to get power and mileage?

My truck is lifted 4".
Off the line, it is very responsive.
Driving down the road at 50 or 60, it just doesn't want to downshift for passing or going up hills. I have to floor it to get the truck to shift.
Going slow (20 miles an hour) up hill, the truck wants to stay in 3rd gear and not downshift until I floor it.

I know it's never going to be a Hellcat, but I would like to hot rod my truck a little bit!

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The delayed downshifts are a very annoying trait of the 6 speed trans. Along with the ****show gearing they put in it. You say your power wagon is lifted 4”, so im guessing you are running 37-40” tires.... did you reprogram your electronics for tire size increase? That will make the ****** operating trans even worse.

And a MPG increase?! HAHAHAAHHAHAAHAH

OP
OP
D

Down the Tubes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
The delayed downshifts are a very annoying trait of the 6 speed trans. Along with the ****show gearing they put in it. You say your power wagon is lifted 4”, so im guessing you are running 37-40” tires.... did you reprogram your electronics for tire size increase? That will make the ****** operating trans even worse.

And a MPG increase?! HAHAHAAHHAHAAHAH
A man can dream!:bleh:
I realize that I am driving the tallest, meanest looking land yacht man can buy........

37's
I have a Hypertech Speedometer Calibrator.
I was thinking that the Tazer or the Pulsar would help with shift points, but wanted to hear from people that have them before I buy one.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A man can dream!:bleh:
I realize that I am driving the tallest, meanest looking land yacht man can buy........

37's
I have a Hypertech Speedometer Calibrator.
I was thinking that the Tazer or the Pulsar would help with shift points, but wanted to hear from people that have them before I buy one.

i have a tazer. Works great. But, if you already changed your tire size with the hypertech, then that part is already done... the tazer wouldnt be any different with that. but, if you havnt changed your tire size then yea, your truck must REALLY shift like ****.

Magnaflow

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If there are any questions we can answer about our catback system, please PM or call us at 1-800-990-0905! We are happy to help you find the right solution for your truck. :waytogo:

OP
OP
D

Down the Tubes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Thanks guys!
I'm happy with the Pedal Commander. At least for the time being.
Gotta wait till next year for exhaust.....Kind of broke after buying a truck and some Christmas for the kids.

tpk0999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What year power wagon

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Torque converter makes a world of difference on how these trucks feel taking off. On of my favorite mods. Custom tune will help the trans shift feel considerably but you will be required to buy an unlocked PCM and tuner. I tried two different custom tunes and Hemifever had the best trans tuning in my experience. ARH headers really help wake the motor up and while definitely not cheap, fitment is perfect and sounds awesome along with my cat-back. Can't speak for other brands.

pendulum12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Also interested for a 2021 RAM Power Wagon :) Hope you don't mind if I join this thread.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I always chuckle when I see people ask about gas mileage, sure the newer ones can get 17-20mpg, stock, but then you wanna hot-rod it? lol
My buddy drives a 2019 or 2020 Ram and said he got like 21mpg on the highway with the cruise control, but he hears mine and say's he likes the way mine sounds a lot better. lol
On my best day, once, I got 17mpg with the cruise control. I got mine to "hot-rod" not for mileage. haha
To answer your question, you have a good start, but headers and free flow exhaust along with a good CAI and a tuner will make a difference you'll feel, but that's just the beginning.
It just gets more fun and expensive from there. lol
Pictures?
Threads suck without them.

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
pulsar/magna d-fit muffler resonator delete I used the pulsar for recalibration no tranny problems that I can notice when I got my truck mileage was not a concern I knew it would guzzle gas since I have put my truck on a diet it has gained about 800 lbs with the capper rock sliders ,tire carrier he's a heavy old redneck mobile now

image0-11.jpeg

ZLAYER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
You won’t feel intake or exhaust gains, it’s for the louds pretty much. I have never used a pedal commander, but people swear by it. My wife’s Jaguar Fpace has different throttle map modes (dynamic, normal, eco, and slippery) that make a huge difference in response, so if it’s anything like that I say it’s 100% worth the money. Beyond that, a Procharger is ultimately going to be “the one thing” that really wakes these trucks up. (I know, gearing changes too). I wish these trucks had engines that could handle boost like camaros, and mustangs, that way big HP numbers are just a supercharger away.

OP
OP
D

Down the Tubes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
You won’t feel intake or exhaust gains, it’s for the louds pretty much. I have never used a pedal commander, but people swear by it. My wife’s Jaguar Fpace has different throttle map modes (dynamic, normal, eco, and slippery) that make a huge difference in response, so if it’s anything like that I say it’s 100% worth the money. Beyond that, a Procharger is ultimately going to be “the one thing” that really wakes these trucks up. (I know, gearing changes too). I wish these trucks had engines that could handle boost like camaros, and mustangs, that way big HP numbers are just a supercharger away.
MMMEEE TTTOOO!!!
That would be incredible!

So far, the Pedal Commander has been great! I leave it on City +4. Otherwise, it just peels out everywhere I go.
My Grandpa told me (after I had destroyed the 3rd set of tires on his truck), "Son. You will stop peeling out when you start buying your own tires."

Getting rid of the 4" lift & 37's and going with the Carli BackCountry system & 35's worked wonders on my truck too! It's much more responsive now.
:banana-mario:And....I gained about 1.5 MPG.

OP
OP
D

Down the Tubes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
pulsar/magna d-fit muffler resonator delete I used the pulsar for recalibration no tranny problems that I can notice when I got my truck mileage was not a concern I knew it would guzzle gas since I have put my truck on a diet it has gained about 800 lbs with the capper rock sliders ,tire carrier he's a heavy old redneck mobile now

View attachment 246440
How do you like the Pulsar? I really like the Pedal Commander, but I'm intrigued by the Pulsar......is the grass greener, or just painted a different shade of green?

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
you can change modes but premium is recommended for the top 2 levels I mostly for the tire size change