what would cause this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02blkram47

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So for the past few days I've heard what I think is water or coolant maybe while driving. So basically if I come to a stop and then take off I hear water splashing around or running through pipes . It sounds like its in the passenger side of the dash. Any thoughts?

Also my truck has decided to idle 100 rpm lower all of a sudden. Since I bought it about 7 months ago it would idle at 600 rpm like clockwork. Now its 500 and it seems too low to me. It even stalled once yesterday in traffic.

iSlacker816

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 (360ci) Magnum
Sloshing sound is probably the heater core if its coming from the passanger side. Is the passenger floor wet at all?

Bigdaddyii

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check an make sure you have enough coolant in the radiator. Does the heater work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check your coolant level...see if its low...if it is, top it off and burp the cooling system to get any air out...then see if you hear the sound anymore.

talon6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 QCSB 4X4
Engine
supercharged 5.9
heater core.

probably tps.

ramthis9501

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
Mine will do it every now and then, but my heat works fine

OP
OP
02blkram47

02blkram47

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My heat is working fine. My AC on the other hand isn't. Ill check the level of my coolant today and top off if needed. How do you burp the system? I saw the thread on the IAC ill give that shot. Thanks

Bigdaddyii

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is a bleed screw to do it the "right" way. This has never worked for me though.
What I normally do is park the truck with the nose as high as I can get it. Let it cool off and remove the radiator cap. Top off the fluid and run the truck with the cap off until it reaches normal operating temp. All of the air should rise to the highest point, which will be the degas bottle, and escape through the open cap.

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There is a bleed screw to do it the "right" way. This has never worked for me though.
What I normally do is park the truck with the nose as high as I can get it. Let it cool off and remove the radiator cap. Top off the fluid and run the truck with the cap off until it reaches normal operating temp. All of the air should rise to the highest point, which will be the degas bottle, and escape through the open cap.

Thats how it's done!!!

rambob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
usually means air in the coolant system.

I agree with check the level of the coolant first.
it may need to be burped if the level is good.

sorry, lots of posts while I was signing in.

yea, what they said. lol