Which coolant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have an '08 2500 with the 5.7 that I bought in 2021 with 110k km (70k miles) and as soon as I had the chance, beside oil change, did complete coolant flush and refilled it with a 70/30 Prestone universal coolant and distillled water. And 40k km later, (25k miles), no issues whatsoever. Did same thing with my '03 1500 5.7 and my '05 Chevy Blazer. Never had any issues with any of my vehicles that I replaced the OEM coolant with Prestone universal coolant. But everytime I do a coolant flush I make sure that there isn't any trace of the old coolant left in there. Basically I flush until it comes out clear.
Smart! I did the same in my 08 Yukon XL. In my 14 Cummins Ram I used Peak Lifetime Global and I think I’ll use Prestone Universal in 2018 Yukon XL too. I have had zero issues. I changed my Ram over when I replaced the heater core that was no longer working due to that sludge from factory fill.

Octane

Reaction score
Looks like that warranty expired on the Wiley Coyote!

Last edited: